clean up

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clean up

what is that is the best way to clean up a k-60 mess. what i mean is on kitchen sinks and floor drains i have found that it make a huge mess black stuff everywhere. i have mentioned this before. there are no cleanouts on kitchen sink drains here. i'm not sure i like the idea of putting the trap etc. together and then runing water to clean the cable. what if the cable slips?

i'm thinking of going with a drum to keep messes down to a min. i was thinking of going the jet thing and i still might to solve this problem.
    the only dumb question is the one that is not asked!

Re: clean up

jered, you will learn that kitchen sinks are the worst and nastiest drains when you don't have a cleanout.

my suggestion is to run the 5/8'' cable for the 1.5'' x 2'' kitchen sink lines. before you pull out the cable, run some water down the drain with a hose or water flex connector. then keep the machine running to help wash the line, and the cable. otherwise the cable will be full of muck and so will the line.

since the 5/8'' cable is only 7.5' long i will either pull them out and store them in a 5 gallon bucket or a mortar mixing tray.

a floor drain is even easier as washing the line is nothing more than a hose or bucket of water.

if you only spin the cable to break it free and pull when it's loose, there is next to nothing to worry about. the cable does not trap water as it's open wind. the cable will spin 3 times faster than a drum and will spin dry inside the pipe. the key is to wash the cable before you pull it out and spin dry inside the pipe.

i can only think of a few times when i need to worry about a drop cloth. the only potential mess will be inside the kitchen cabinet and this would hold true with a drum too.

2 year ago we made a video at josh's parents house on a commercial kitchen. we laid down cardboard as we were wearing nice clothes after coming from a roundup dinner. if i can find that video, bill and i didn't get dirty and the cardboard stayed dry.

wish i could say that about this last years roundup when bill washed the walls with cutting oil while threading 1'' gas pipe.

i stayed clean while still wearing nice pants and a silk shirt. so a lot has to do with your technique and experience on the machine.

p.s. 3 pipes threaded with 3 different machines and sure i sweated as it was a race/ contest. but i remained oil free and managed to win the contest and since we were the first group to go, we didn't get the lab coats like the rest of the teams.

bill, i think they finished cleaning up your exxon valdez oil spill. don't worry, the walls needed painting anyways

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

here is the video
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQ8az3V5JHU

Comment

What I do is once I get the cable into the sink line and reach the tie in, I run the coupling right up to the edge of the pipe. Then I disconnect the able at the pipe and assemble the P-trap Then I run hot water for a few minutes then fill the sink and let it go a few times. Remove trap grab the cable and remove it will be clean.
        Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
        Ron's Facebook
        A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
        Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
        Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

i agree with rick...The only thing i do different is lay old news paper down under the kitchen cabinet

Comment

If there is some reason to not wash the cables within the drain(such as very low water pressure).

What I do is exert a constant steady pressure on the cable,while pulling back the cable,while using my other hand to neatly coil the cables into a bucket.

Very little mess.

If any a small amount of soap/water or clorox clean-up will suffice.

But the two above clean up methods deserve a Thumbs-Up.

You maybe knew this to start,but i hope it helps.
            Kenneth Collier
            Maintenance and Sewer

P.O. Box 9441
            Jackson, MS 39206
            (601) 613-2678 (Cell)
            drainman881999@yahoo.com

Comment

If there is some reason to not wash the cables within the drain(such as very low water pressure).

What I do is exert a constant steady pressure on the cable,while pulling back the cable,while using my other hand to neatly coil the cables into a bucket.

Very little mess.

Kenneth Collier
              Maintenance and Sewer

P.O. Box 9441
              Jackson, MS 39206
              (601) 613-2678 (Cell)
              drainman881999@yahoo.com

Comment

I can usually find an old prom or wedding dress stored somewhere to clean the cables.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by drainman881999 View Post

Very little mess.

Posted Twice.I don't know why.
                  Kenneth Collier
                  Maintenance and Sewer

P.O. Box 9441
                  Jackson, MS 39206
                  (601) 613-2678 (Cell)
                  drainman881999@yahoo.com

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
                    What I do is once I get the cable into the sink line and reach the tie in, I run the coupling right up to the edge of the pipe. Then I disconnect the able at the pipe and assemble the P-trap Then I run hot water for a few minutes then fill the sink and let it go a few times. Remove trap grab the cable and remove it will be clean.

I actually just got my first K50 today, haven't even used it yet. I was wondering about sludgy sinkline mess with it.

Thanks for the info, can't wait to try it out.

Comment

Working...
                    X