Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Longest 6" run?

SWADE.......

which innercore do you like better general or ridgid??

Rick likes ridgid...............I have never used the ridgid only the general and i love it!

Comment

i've used the ridgid c-10ic for 2 years until i recently wore out the coupler. i have switched to a 15' lead general ic and it performs the same.

i do feel the extra weight in the general. i also see it's more involved in removing the roots as it's also wound on the innercore.

the ridgid has a solid plastic core that is lighter and doesn't attract the roots as much as the general.

i'm going to replace my coupler and put the ridgid back into the lineup

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by jhplumbing View Post
        SWADE.......

which innercore do you like better general or ridgid??

Rick likes ridgid...............I have never used the ridgid only the general and i love it!
        What Rick Said pretty much nails it.

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
        i've used the ridgid c-10ic for 2 years until i recently wore out the coupler. i have switched to a 15' lead general ic and it performs the same.

i do feel the extra weight in the general. i also see it's more involved in removing the roots as it's also wound on the innercore.

the ridgid has a solid plastic core that is lighter and doesn't attract the roots as much as the general.

i'm going to replace my coupler and put the ridgid back into the lineup

rick.

I like that the General has more space between the outer open wind and the innercore as it grabs more. That's part of why I like sectional cables.

I think that using multiple general cables up front makes the machine work harder due to the extra weight. I think that's why turning 60' of general felt like about 90' of standard cable.

I'm going to keep experimenting. I'm uber paranoid about having the

Originally posted by breid1903 View Post
        my k-60 was used. call allen j coleman @ 773-728-2400. ask about a tuneup. good people. breid.........
        Thanks for the suggestion. I'll have them look at it next time I'm up there.

-Chris

Comment

could some one take a picture of the ridgid inner core cable...please

Comment

It looks like the Rothenberger cable. Check the Roth USA catalog. It's in pdf on their US website. You'll also notice that the Rothy machines look curious like the old Ridgid suitcase. I'm not sure which came first, the chicken or the egg

I'm off to Ferguson to go play at the Road Show!

Comment

I have a customer with a 3-1/2" CO at the base of a 4" CI stack. 4" CI goes to 6" clay at about 12'. I only have to go 40' to a change of direction that I can rod from a CO in the garage. The CO is facing the wall and there is about 2-1/2' of clearance between the wall and the stack. This is one of the circumstances that convinced me to give the K-60 a try. I rod this line annually for roots.

I used my preloaded magazine of guidetubes (60' total) and rodded the sanitary branch 4 times in 35 minutes.

No mess, no sweat.

I've used the KM-1500 and the Sewermatic previously for this job and both were awkard due to the lack of space. The extra flex of the 7/8" cable and small footprint of the k-60 made this job a lot easier than both of the other machines.

I tried using 30 of General IC cable in front and chased the last bit of the branch with a regular C-10. Machine seemed happier with less weight out in front.

The General IC cable is stiffer than the Ridge or Rothy, but it's also a LOT HEAVIER and this can equally problematic.

-Chris
              Last edited by Swade Plumbing; 06-11-2010, 09:11 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X