X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks like I'll be buying a K-60

Well, after all the research I think I will be going with a K-60 over the K-750.
    I have never used a sectional machine before and have used the 750 extensively. I hate the weight of the 750 and when it splashes black death juice when it spins.
    I wasn't too sure at first but after reading posts but some very enthusiastic users (Rick) I think its the winner.
    I am still concerned about keeping the job site clean. Almost all the clean outs I work on are indoors.
    Any tips, info, cable suggestions would be great...
    Ray

“Wealth is the product of man's capacity to think.”— Francisco d'Anconia
    Atlas Shrugged (Part 2, Chapter 2, Page 411)

www.mauiplumbinginc.com

Re: Looks like I'll be buying a K-60

ray, if the lines are just secondary lines and not the main or roots, then use the 5/8'' sectional cable 7' 6'' and you can easily store the cables in a mortar tray or 5 gallon bucket.

the most important especially with a kitchen sink is to make sure you flush out the line and clear the stoppage. nobody wants to bring back a kitchen sink cable full of grease and sludge. so make sure you run water and spin and flush. let the cable spin dry with the water off and then pull them out, spin as needed to free them if need be.

remember that the cable spins 3 times faster than a drum and the open cable cleans just by it's nature of being an open wound auger.

the 7/8'' cable is 15' and requires a larger area to store.

i will lay down a tarp if necessary to rest my cage of cable. even a trash bag cut and laid open is fine.

the key is to bring it cleared and not full of sludge.

if roofs are easy access, then the vent is a no brainer.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Almost ALL my cleanouts are inside!! i grab the k-60 80% of the time. On carpet basements its my number one machine!!

i do not have to lay miles of drop cloths, i do not have to Wheel the machine down carpet stairs (like my k-7500). I do not have to wrestle the machine around tight corners or door ways, I do not have to worry about the drum slinging sewage all over the carpet or walls! i can go on and on

The k-60, mortar tray and/or drop cloth are your best friends! it is my #1 carpet machine!

On kitchen lines its a breeze with the 5/8" sectional cables, I unsnap the cables leave them in the drain put the trap back on and run soapy water to clean them off, remove the trap and retreive the clean cable!

the K-60 has its own discussion forum, the k-750 or the k-7500 does not! There is a reason for that! try it out, you will love it.
      Last edited by jhplumbing; 05-04-2010, 06:43 AM.

Comment

jh, do i know you

you see, once you get used to it, you'll never go back

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

You think I can get away with only a k60 instead of a k40, k400, and k750?
          Ray

www.mauiplumbinginc.com

Comment

The K-60 can replace the K-400 and the K-750. Most all of my drain cleaning is done with a K-60 and a K-39.

Comment

Maybe Rick has one he wants to sell me....
              Ray

www.mauiplumbinginc.com

Comment

Originally posted by mpm View Post
                Maybe Rick has one he wants to sell me....
                Yes but his are special edition ricK-60 and they are worth much more.

Mark
                "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

the k-60's are my pride and joy

the k-40 is the thorn in my side

if you learned anything from this forum, it's stay far, far away from the k-40

k-60 and k-39 or k45 is the way to go

rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

Eww I hate the hand held sink machines. I use the Gorlitz GO 15 for my sink machine now, which is just Gorlitz's version of a K-40... I like it, easy to use, light wieght, gets the job done.
                    Ray

www.mauiplumbinginc.com

Comment

hand helds are a pain to me. I use the K50 with the drum attachment. Basically makes it into a K-40 but with a clutch and no autofeed.

But honestly, do you really need an autofeed for most 1-1/2 to 2" drains?

You could be really crazy and put a drum adapter on the K-60 too.

It's been done

Comment

i had to do the drum adapter or the k-60 just the other day! I left the
                        k-50 on another van and only had the k-60 and the drum for the k-50

it works, just take it easy

Comment

I only use the 5/16 - 1/4 drum adapter and I'd be afraid of overtorquing.

Comment

Seems as if everyone who's thinking about a K-60 is concerned about keeping the job site clean. But it seems to me that the drum is much better at making those little splats of black on the walls, and then dripping on the floor. Maybe there's something to my technique but I make more mess with the Super Vee than the K-60. I set everything on a 5' x 5' plastic-backed tarp. If I'm cleaning a kitchen drain, I'll put the tarp partly in through the cabinet doors and set the machine on the edge of the cabinet and still have room to work the cable.

Comment

just bought the g 15

Comment

Working...
                              X