X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In the field 1st time

Used the K-60 for the first time in the field... INSIDE!! Backed up main, no c/o , pulled the w/c laid a tarp down, set the cable cage on the tarp. Cleared the line 30' in. In and out....1-1/2 hour. Love this machine. It is a bit more work than a drum but damn is it fast and light.

And no I can't snake from the roof vents...why? Because everything here is flat vented w/ san tees. Not to mention all the short sweep 90's.
    Ray

“Wealth is the product of man's capacity to think.”— Francisco d'Anconia
    Atlas Shrugged (Part 2, Chapter 2, Page 411)

www.mauiplumbinginc.com

Re: In the field 1st time

good job ray. it only gets faster as you get some more field experience and learn the tricks. i like using a plastic mortar mixing tray for the toilet to rest in and also another one for my cables.

had a 3'' line yesterday with a 2'' abs vent access. there were 90's but not vent 90's. 75' pulled back roots and was cleaned up in under an hour.

of course inside with a plugged toilet and shower, would require pumping out the waste to make it possible to pull the toilet. so yes, 1.5 hours was a good time with the toilet.

wait till you get outside and don't need the guide hose 120' yesterday and was finished under an hour with a 4'' line and 4'' cutters and roots.

remember that overall time will shine as you encounter stairs and difficult access. 40# beats 225# every time

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

The more you use it the faster you get!

Comment

was over on pz and someone i don't remember who was complaining about their sore back from horsing a drum machine around. i told them to come over here that there were several people that had back surgery and still horsed their machines around, pain free. that they would be able to give advice. lol. i'm 65 and 1/2. i must be a quick study because when my back got sore i quit drains for awhile. then the rickster and him posse convinced me to try a k-60. nothing weighs much than a bag of salt. i liked that, still doing drains. thanks. breid.............

Comment

The more I use this machine, the more I love it. Used it 2 days in a row, starting to get the hang of it more and more.

Had a hard clog on the second one, turned out to be a bunch of feminine products, the spade bid ripped through em and what ever was left got wrapped up on the cable. Funny thing was I just did a ground work for an addition on this house. They just poured the slab. The owner / builder kept asking if it was my tie in that caused the problem (yeah, wye on its back with a ls 90 on the branch and 2 hub adapt and 2 nh caused the problem) he was convinced it wasn't when my cable end came out .

Thanks Ridgid for such a great tool, and thanks to everyone on the forum who pointed me in the direction of sectionals.
          Ray

“Wealth is the product of man's capacity to think.”— Francisco d'Anconia
          Atlas Shrugged (Part 2, Chapter 2, Page 411)

www.mauiplumbinginc.com

Comment

are you sure you don't need hands on coaching

hawaii is only a 5 hour flight
            rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

sectionals are the cats A**.!

Comment

Working...