X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K60 vs R600

I have an opportunity to purchase a used Rothenberger R600 sectional machine.
    What are some of the differences beyond the obvious ?
    K-60 600 rpm's vs R600 467 rpm's.
    Are the Rothenbergers cables compatible with the Ridgids ?

I have already talked to the Greenlee / Rothenberger service center in town and they do not have any issues in getting parts from Rothenberger.

.I like the looks of the K-60 better and also the help of this forum. I would rather purchase a USA made product but this deal from a $ standpoint might be to hard to pass up.
    Thoughts ?

Re: K60 vs R600

the old style suit case k-60 is very smilar to the r600.

there are still some her that run the suit case k-60 without an issue.

but unless it's akiller deal, i would try to hold out for the newer k-60.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

sewerratz is the rothey boy here. he may not came down here. you might want post under drain cleaning. 4th from the top. i looked at both. i got a k-60. i just wanted 600 rpm. just me may be i was wrong. i listened to the rickster. good call. breid............

Comment

Doesn't the Rothenburger spin 5/8" cable(with adapter) all the way through 1.25" cables out over 200 feet? It weighs about 60 pounds and has some neat ways to move it around or if your a stout guy you can carry it around. For the weight you get a bigger motor but it spins slower at just under 500 rpm vs 600. I think it cleans out to 240'. Thats impressive. I still dont care for sectionals but if I bought one it would need to be able to clean everything I would find because most of the time a drum would be easier so the sectional would get very limted use to begin with.

You know the germans make good stuff. Who first came out with the suitcase design machine?

Yeah thats a rothy 750. It seems to be nice but still a sectional.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6PH7AiZeAw
        Last edited by TheMaster; 07-12-2011, 02:30 PM.

Comment

That's the 750 not the 600, but it shows the guts of the unit. Seems like a solid machine, but I would be worried about how long it will take to get parts when needed.
          Last edited by Will Rogers Plumbing; 07-12-2011, 02:54 PM.
          Will Rogers Plumbing
          Moore, Oklahoma
          (
          405) 323-2852

"Your Solution for Any Sewer and Drain Cleaning Needs"

"We Unclog Drains That Others Can't"

www.willrogersplumbing.com
          http://willrogersplumbing.com/?page_id=8

"Oklahoma's Favorite Plumbers!"

Comment

The Rothenberger are very well built machines. The R600 spins the 7/8 and 5/8 cable with out any adjustments. It also accepts a drum adapter to spin the smaller cables (3/8 and 1/4")> As for parts I have gotten the ones I needed as add ons from Rothenberger within a week. As many know I have more than a few drain cleaning machines so if one is down for maintenance or repair I am not dead in the water. One thing is Rothenberger USA headquarters is now based in Rockford, IL, but as Marvin from AJ Coleman told me, just means you will get the wrong part faster. I can conform that at times they will send you the wrong part at least once out of 9 times.

So as of which is better the K-60 or the R600, it depends. The R600 is more versatile since it does have the drum adapters, where the K-60 does not at this time. But the K-60 the parts are very easy to get verse the R600. If the R600 is not your only machine, I say go for it.
            Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
            A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
            Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
            Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Originally posted by Will Rogers Plumbing View Post

That's the 750 not the 600, but it shows the guts of the unit. Seems like a solid machine, but I would be worried about how long it will take to get parts when needed.
              The R750 is more equivalent to the K-1500 as it can run 1.25" cables and has a 1.25 hp motor.

Parts are an absolute bear to get for the R-750 these days as they are no longer selling the R750 in the US market. I can speak from personal experience on that one. I only bought mine because the deal was too good to pass (like really, really good).

I like that I can run 1.25" or 7/8" cable without changing jaws.

DID YOU HEAR ME RIDGID DESIGN CREW?!?!

I repeat: I like that I can run 1.25" or 7/8" cable without changing jaws....and have 1.25 hp under the hood

It is a nice machine though. It's given Speedy Kleeny (the machine in my Avatar) a bit of a vacation.

I have both the R750 and a K-60 (along with a KM1500 and a K-50). I would rather have the K-60 for 5/8" cables and most 7/8" jobs. But in 6" I'd rather have the R750 hands down.

I am experimenting with using General IC cable in 6" right now. The 7/8" cables let me keep 1 fewer cage on the truck yet still keep 180' on the truck and space is at a premium during construction season for me.
              Last edited by Swade Plumbing; 07-12-2011, 07:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Swade Plumbing View Post
                The R750 is more equivalent to the K-1500 as it can run 1.25" cables and has a 1.25 hp motor.

Parts are an absolute bear to get for the R-750 these days as they are no longer selling the R750 in the US market. I can speak from personal experience on that one. I only bought mine because the deal was too good to pass (like really, really good).

I like that I can run 1.25" or 7/8" cable without changing jaws.

DID YOU HEAR ME RIDGID DESIGN CREW?!?!

I repeat: I like that I can run 1.25" or 7/8" cable without changing jaws....and have 1.25 hp under the hood

It is a nice machine though. It's given Speedy Kleeny (the machine in my Avatar) a bit of a vacation.

I have both the R750 and a K-60 (along with a KM1500 and a K-50). I would rather have the K-60 for 5/8" cables and most 7/8" jobs. But in 6" I'd rather have the R750 hands down.

I am experimenting with using General IC cable in 6" right now. The 7/8" cables let me keep 1 fewer cage on the truck yet still keep 180' on the truck and space is at a premium during construction season for me.
                Did you hear that Ridgid design crew x2 cough cough hint hint elbow to the side with clearing throat noise
                Rod
                MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
                Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
                http://unclognh.com
                http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

My hope is that they redesign the K-75 as a beefed up version of the K-60 that can run 1.25" cables. 1hp motor would be nice. C'mon this has to be a no brainer!

Comment

Originally posted by Swade Plumbing View Post
                    My hope is that they redesign the K-75 as a beefed up version of the K-60 that can run 1.25" cables. 1hp motor would be nice. C'mon this has to be a no brainer!
                    they already have the k-1500 sp. it's the bigger brother to the 1500. the 75 is the smaller brother to the 1500.

now a k-60 with a 3/4hp motor might ba a simple upgrade. but a 1.25'' jawset is a complete redesign of everything.

rick.
                    phoebe it is

Comment

I understand that it would be a redesign and I think that's what they should do. Hence my comment to the mythical "design team".

I'm only suggesting the K75 be redesigned as it's kind of a lame duck as it is. and the K75 makes more sense in the K-60 R-600 comparison scheme.

The K60 and the R600 are very similar machines. Why not make a better all around machine that can use any cable that Ridgid makes?

Also, the 1500 is in need of an update. Same setup (short of the newer A frame) for over 50 years.

I love Speedy, but He's not very practical on some basement cleanouts due to the high stance and big footprint.

Ans with the R750 out of the US market there would be 0 competition.

I'll order the first 2. they can use my deposit check to buy donuts for the designers first meeting.

I'm just saying.......

Comment

Ridgid did have a K-1500 low-boy that sits a few inches lower than the standard K-1500. I do not know when they stoped making them though.
                        Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                        A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                        Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                        Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Working...
                        X