X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Udate on K-60 Purchase

Gotta give the background...Started my day at 7:00 am tracing leak and then busting up concrete parking lot, then digging up water main to retail store. Found 3" PVC to 2" Copper transition via a flange with 4 bolts. All bolts rotten and had be leaking like 200,000 gallons of water a month for about 2-3 months.
    Didn't surface its all under asphalt covered concrete about 700 feet long and 5 foot deep, ran next to a 10 ductile iron fire line, whole ditch filled with clean rock...so as were digging ditch is staying full of water...anyways get done about 4:00 pm.
    Then go back office to get a emergency sewer call at another retail store about 30 miles away....I look over at the brand new K-60 in the corner...grab it and a red bull and on the way. In front of the bathrooms is a clean out...dry..okay clean out on the wall by the toilet...bring in the K-60 and ran 2 sections of cable...Boom! its opened...clean up and get out of dodge.
    I have never ran a sectional before and this was behind a toilet...so I kinda felt like i was 15 again trying to get that bra strap undone without seeing it...I am wondering, you hand feed the cable in with out it turning right? Then when you can't spin the cable? Then after you unstop the line, just hand pull the cable out? Does this seem about the jist of how to run it?
    Attached Files
    Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
    You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Re: Udate on K-60 Purchase

nice keep it clean and Rick will give you a big
    Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
    http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
    http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

you start off pushing in as much cable as possible. then start the machine in forward. leave approx 2-3' away from the opening. form a slight hump in the cable and engage the clutch handle. as it spins, it should work its way into the opening. i also help feed it and it's a hand, eye and hand sequence. you'll get the feel the more you use it.

also running in reverse will feed the cable in pretty quick, but you still need the high loop/ hump in the cable to allow it to feed.

with the right timing and eye hand, i can feed much faster than an auto feed 7500 drum machine.

on a long tight run, you can apply a slight pressure on the edge of the c/o to help thread the cable out while running in forward. running water in the drain will help clean the cable and the high speed will spin it pretty dry with the open wind.

practice will make you very very efficient.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by dcman View Post
        Gotta give the background...Started my day at 7:00 am tracing leak and then busting up concrete parking lot, then digging up water main to retail store. Found 3" PVC to 2" Copper transition via a flange with 4 bolts. All bolts rotten and had be leaking like 200,000 gallons of water a month for about 2-3 months.
        Didn't surface its all under asphalt covered concrete about 700 feet long and 5 foot deep, ran next to a 10 ductile iron fire line, whole ditch filled with clean rock...so as were digging ditch is staying full of water...anyways get done about 4:00 pm.
        Then go back office to get a emergency sewer call at another retail store about 30 miles away....I look over at the brand new K-60 in the corner...grab it and a red bull and on the way. In front of the bathrooms is a clean out...dry..okay clean out on the wall by the toilet...bring in the K-60 and ran 2 sections of cable...Boom! its opened...clean up and get out of dodge.
        I have never ran a sectional before and this was behind a toilet...so I kinda felt like i was 15 again trying to get that bra strap undone without seeing it...I am wondering, you hand feed the cable in with out it turning right? Then when you can't spin the cable? Then after you unstop the line, just hand pull the cable out? Does this seem about the jist of how to run it?

Excellent ..I feed the cables in by hand as far as they will go then start spinning ..Takes a little getting use to..I have never run drums only sectionals..How many feet did you have to run before the stoppage was relieved? Keep up the good work..Carry a spray bottle of simple green to spritz her up with and she'll be gleaming for years to come..
        ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Okay..okay...okay...it makes sense...i was trying not to kneel in dookie, leaning over the toilet, trying to feed this cable in a wall clean out recessed about a foot behind the tile wall...I suppose this was an unfair try for the first time...I will say this it still beat the crap out of pulling the toilet to bring in the 300 pounder (Betty) to cable about 15 foot for a toilet paper blockage...thanks guys...BTW I ran the "reverse auger" as a leader...

Derek

Comment

Wait! What? you guys hand feed your cable in? Pull it out? Spin dry, lip of clean out? is there something wrong with my k60?
            Because when I pull up to the jobsite I just open the door and the k60 jumps out clears the drain by itself then comes back out and say's OK go give them the bill.
            Rod
            MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
            Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
            http://unclognh.com
            http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

Originally posted by UnClogNH View Post
              Wait! What? you guys hand feed your cable in? Pull it out? Spin dry, lip of clean out? is there something wrong with my k60?
              Because when I pull up to the jobsite I just open the door and the k60 jumps out clears the drain by itself then comes back out and say's OK go give them the bill.
              No..no..that's what helpers do...or wait a minute...that me...dang it!!!

Derek

Comment

Helper is that what they call those? Can't afford one I must have been dreaming on the job again lol
                Rod
                MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
                Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
                http://unclognh.com
                http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

Okay..okay...okay...it makes sense...i was trying not to kneel in dookie, leaning over the toilet, trying to feed this cable in a wall clean out recessed about a foot behind the tile wall...I suppose this was an unfair try for the first time...I will say this it still beat the crap out of pulling the toilet to bring in the 300 pounder (Betty) to cable about 15 foot for a toilet paper blockage...thanks guys...BTW I ran the "reverse auger" as a leader...
                  Excellent

Originally posted by UnClogNH View Post
                  I thought I was the only one that paid for that option ...That is for us "exclusive clientel"

No..no..that's what helpers do...or wait a minute...that me...dang it!!!
                  What's a helper

Comment

Okay...second sewer call...whole house backed up basement tub full as well as the toilet to rim...no clean-out...dang it...okay manhole about hundred foot away down a 45 degree angled hill...been raining here for like two days, ground really soft...K-60 gets another crack...put a 3 foot cheater pipe in manhole...get in about 5 foot and WHOOSH...its a crap storm..poor machine got hosed...sorry guys still only can say beat the crap out of trying to drag Betty up and down the mud hill for 5 foot of cabling....maybe next week I will get a call were I can actually try the machine!!.
                    Attached Files

Derek

Comment

that's no way to treat my pride and joy

rick.

don't you love it

rick.
                      phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                        that's no way to treat my pride and joy

rick.

don't you love it

rick.
                        I just couldn't bring myself to be the shield...buts that what soap and water is for

Derek

Comment

Think of it as a christening or baptism..So did you actually take the machine down into the manhole Or pop the lid and run a piece of pipe down into the sewer and run the cable through the pipe

Comment

Originally posted by OLD1 View Post
                            Think of it as a christening or baptism..So did you actually take the machine down into the manhole Or pop the lid and run a piece of pipe down into the sewer and run the cable through the pipe
                            I used a pipe down to the customers tap...and I am sure the machine felt like a baptism...BTW...five foot in it opened up and water was reddish from clay dirt...going back later in week to spot repair/ replace to house...

Derek

Comment

OKAY...I give up..third sewer call get to try to use the K-60...get 8 foot in and it hangs up...several attempts and everything comes back shiny...dig up and find deleted septic tank, with a fernco at the entrance to tank, pipe shifted down 2 inches and a roots growing around the pipe...looks like who ever did the 12 years ago put everything in a bind...so busted out septic wall and repaired...Man I ain't never gonna get to learn how to run this machine...
                              Attached Files

Derek

Comment

Working...
                              X