X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Official Report

This is good info being a new K60 owner myself. Glad I got my droid phone in case repair or adjustment is needed on the job. Can grab my phone and look up this forum and find out how to fix
    Rod
    MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
    Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
    http://unclognh.com
    http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

Okay last night took apart and cleaned clutch jaws....they looked lined up but still stalls...not sure but gonna keep tinker with it to see what I can do...Yes I did adjust the handle about half way up to engage...
      Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
      You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

Might have to take it back...Mine needed a main bearing after 5 months ...Won't rehash that though
        ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by OLD1 View Post
          Might have to take it back...Mine needed a main bearing after 5 months ...Won't rehash that though
          Well I tell you this: take one bored plumber, one K-60, and one pair of pliers and what do you get? Me holding the cable in the front of the machine with pliers, trying to simulate a blockage...engage the clutch and the pliers were no longer in my hands, they were flying past my damn head at 50 mph...I made the decision that I will tinker with it when I am slow on a sewer call...can't take it back, bought it on line at tool-up, no service center here...I had just taken it apart once again and really cleaned it and the jaws, when I tried the fore mention happened...

Derek

Comment

i've left the disconnect key in the cable and lost a few

even lost a scratch awl

but i don't think i would be stupid enough to try holding a pair of pliers

the machine has enough power to tear up roots.

where's the video when you were testing your idea

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by dcman View Post
              Well I tell you this: take one bored plumber, one K-60, and one pair of pliers and what do you get? Me holding the cable in the front of the machine with pliers, trying to simulate a blockage...engage the clutch and the pliers were no longer in my hands, they were flying past my damn head at 50 mph...I made the decision that I will tinker with it when I am slow on a sewer call...can't take it back, bought it on line at tool-up, no service center here...I had just taken it apart once again and really cleaned it and the jaws, when I tried the fore mention happened...
              You can send it to me. You may not get it back, though. All of this talk about the K-60 is making me jealous. My next purchase has to be the k-50, then I can move on to the k-60, Then I will line them up in a circle. Closet auger, small hand snake, K-39, K-50, K-60, 1500 with 200 plus feet of cable, and take a nice nap in the middle. Might even let my Ridgid 300 pipe threader spoon me for a while.
              "don't put that in your mouth, you don't know where it's been"

Comment

Keep in mind that sectional works like a Dremel-high speed, low torque. A drum works like a hole hawg-slow speed, high torque. If you grew up on drums, there is a difference.
                Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post

i've left the disconnect key in the cable and lost a few

even lost a scratch awl

but i don't think i would be stupid enough to try holding a pair of pliers

the machine has enough power to tear up roots.

where's the video when you were testing your idea

rick.
                  Well in my defense I have never used this type of machine...I am used to a drum machine that like you said before builds its power up, so the operator had time to get ready...I have a new found respect for this machine and cable's power...sorry no video, I ain't got no friends...I may or may not have fixed it...will have to get another sewer call to find out....I read last night on an old post from JOSH the Admin. that storing the machine face up is bad, (which I was doing) and you mentioned not pulling the cable back though the machine, (which I was also doing)...it is possible everything was gunked up...because the only problem I have is loss of power when hitting the blockage...I appreciate all the help and will let you guys know what I find out!!!

Derek

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                    Keep in mind that sectional works like a Dremel-high speed, low torque. A drum works like a hole hawg-slow speed, high torque. If you grew up on drums, there is a difference.
                    Uh hell yeah there's a huge difference...which I now realize and so do my channel locks!!! I will have to go on another sewer to find out if I did get it dialed in....thanks for all the help so far as I am sure it won't be the last time I need it!!!

Derek

Comment

Well in my defense I have never used this type of machine...I am used to a drum machine that like you said before builds its power up, so the operator had time to get ready...I have a new found respect for this machine and cable's power...sorry no video, I ain't got no friends...I may or may not have fixed it...will have to get another sewer call to find out....I read last night on an old post from JOSH the Admin. that storing the machine face up is bad, (which I was doing) and you mentioned not pulling the cable back though the machine, (which I was also doing)...it is possible everything was gunked up...because the only problem I have is loss of power when hitting the blockage...I appreciate all the help and will let you guys know what I find out!!!

Although I haven't had it happen with roots. Sometimes when retrieving the cables it will not feed back through the machine due to a screw or nail or something preventing the cable from going back through the machine..

If you have a heavy root build up and need to spin the cables out and cant run em' through the machine how do you pull that off besides cleaning the cables off before it has to pass through the machine on it's way out...Meaning if you can't pull em' back by hand

Comment

Originally posted by OLD1 View Post
                        Although I haven't had it happen with roots. Sometimes when retrieving the cables it will not feed back through the machine due to a screw or nail or something preventing the cable from going back through the machine..

If you have a heavy root build up and need to spin the cables out and cant run em' through the machine how do you pull that off besides cleaning the cables off before it has to pass through the machine on it's way out...Meaning if you can't pull em' back by hand
                        Well I found out that if it hangs I had to put it back into the machine and spin it while pulling the cable free then resume pulling the cable out by hand...seems to me that pulling back thru a trap sucks egg water but thru cleanouts aren't to bad....

Derek

Comment

When tripping out I leave one section in the machine and pull the rest out freehand. If the cable gets stuck, I'll reattach it to the cable in the machine, free it up and repull it out.
                          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Well I found out that if it hangs I had to put it back into the machine and spin it while pulling the cable free then resume pulling the cable out by hand...seems to me that pulling back thru a trap sucks egg water but thru cleanouts aren't to bad....
                            Yeah I usually end up disconnecting mine too soon..End up short and having to put a section back in the machine

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                            When tripping out I leave one section in the machine and pull the rest out freehand. If the cable gets stuck, I'll reattach it to the cable in the machine, free it up and repull it out.
                            I'll have to give your method a try next time around

Comment

Working...
                            X