X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K-60 Learning Curve

Okay today was the day...back to back toilets, no clean out, no crawl space, and ties into main about 110 foot away....Get up on the roof with the K-60 and away we go...I learned NOT to leave just a little cable out of the vent..had to jump over and grab it before it went away! So after 2 hours and about 5 or 6 passes got it clean and open...the line tied in before a manhole, the customer was watching and when it broke free, he said it looked like a canoe of roots coming through, in the pic is what I extracted. Here is what I learned: 1 the machine works fine, the stalling was me not pushing the clutch down hard enough while the cutter was at the blockage, so figured out needs to be spinning and push into the blockage...so thanks guys for all your help and advice on this machine. 2 Okay your back is great but man do my arms feel like limp wet noodles, who needs to work out at the gym? 3 As of today the machine has paid for itself and was a great investment. I do not regret it on bit. 4 Both styles of drain cleaning has there place but the K-60 could very well retire the K-7500... 5 You guys rock!!!! I want to repeat that had it not been for everybody's input I would not have bought this machine...THANK YOU EACH AND EVERYONE!!!
    Attached Files
    Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
    You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Re: K-60 Learning Curve

Nice job

I have no problem feeding the cable in. But if you could flip the switch in reverse and it pulled itself out that would be the cats azz
    Last edited by UnClogNH; 03-24-2011, 08:28 PM.
    Rod
    MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
    Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
    http://unclognh.com
    http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

Originally posted by UnClogNH View Post
      Nice job

I have no problem feeding the cable in. But if you could flip the switch in reverse and it pulled itself out that would be the cats azz
      True...true...you are wise beyond your years....

Derek

Comment

Excellent !! ..I does get easier ..Like you said learning curve..I never get root pullls like that..That is always a plus when you have a manhole nearby. Especially when the house is on a manhole tap..I love to see that bad boy boring right into the main ..The first thing I look for when there is a whole house stoppage..Me and another guy worked on one for half a day..Came back the next day , pulled the manhole cover was a good 4-5' up .. called the county and they jetted from the downstream manhole up to us..Man the power of that bad boy.2" hose with about 2000psi. behind it ..All hell broke loose when that bad boy came screaming up the sewer..
        ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

wtf i hope that was a 1 gallon bucket and not a 5 gallon.

you just graduated cum lada

i knew i wasn't exaggerating when i recommend the mighty k-60

good job. on your way to your masters degree

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post

rick.
            Marky Mark is right. . .Phoebe got more of my genes! I think you meant cum laude
            I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

after asking you 3 times and you said it was correct, i trusted you that you weren't lying to me.

so much for trusting your spouse

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

rick.
                Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
                Marky Mark is right. . .Phoebe got more of my genes! I think you meant cum laude
                I'm sure Rick was referring to the world famous Russian built sports car the "Lada". Here is a video with Rick directing the driver of a drifting "Lada".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yFlF...eature=related

Mark
                "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

rick.
                  Its a 3 gallon bucket I usually sit on...

Derek

Comment

FYI ...as I lay down here...with each pulse I feel my arms expanding and contracting...I got a bad feeling about tomorrow...two hours, seems about normal or too long to you guys? I'm just glad its paid off very quickly and now the real fun begins!!!

Derek

Comment

Depends on how long you need to run. Set up to tools in the truck time is usually about 45-90 min for me if it's an outside c/o. Add about 30 min if it's inside.
                      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

dc. i stick a piece of 1 1/2" pvc on handle of k-60. about 20" works for me. any longer gets in the way of cable. just lay you arm on it or you leg. i use my foot to push cable against pipe to feed in or out. sometimes i use a shovel or floor scraper. electric eel actually makes a tool do that. i just to cheap to buy it. lazy and cheap. breid.................

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                          Depends on how long you need to run. Set up to tools in the truck time is usually about 45-90 min for me if it's an outside c/o. Add about 30 min if it's inside.
                          Thanks...that's what I had been averaging...most sewers under 100 foot...but this one took about 8 sections and was on top of a roof...

Originally posted by breid1903 View Post
                          dc. i stick a piece of 1 1/2" pvc on handle of k-60. about 20" works for me. any longer gets in the way of cable. just lay you arm on it or you leg. i use my foot to push cable against pipe to feed in or out. sometimes i use a shovel or floor scraper. electric eel actually makes a tool do that. i just to cheap to buy it. lazy and cheap. breid.................
                          The handle's not so much a issue for me...it was pulling the cable back out a roof vent in the 30 degree sleet infested day..and after about 5 times I had just about enough of it...but hey my backs good! Nice tip though...I'll give it whirl!!!

Derek

Comment

If I come home with a K-60, I think my father would beat me. I wanted one before he bought our drum machine a few years ago, but I lost that argument.

But I got to be honest, I don't carry my K-75a or my drum machine on the truck, cause I don't feel like climbing over it.

If I had a K-60...I think I would carry it on my truck all the time. K-50 stays on the truck.

Maybe I don't do enough drain cleaning like you guys do, but I never came across roots like some of you guys show in these pictures. I'm sure we have area's around here that have root problems, but I just never see it.

Congrats on the K-60 DC.

Comment

Working...
                            X