Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have 12 years experience in sewer cleaning. I've used almost every make of cable machines out there. From General, Marco,Burton, and Rigids. This was the first sectional I've ever operated. I studied machines for about 8 months before purchasing the K60 for my Business. I have to say at first I was sceptical, I seen the cable and thought hmm its not a solid strand cable there is no innercore. How will this not break. I've used it on many jobs now. Not only am I pleased with the weight, and the cleanliness of my jobsites after I'm done. I'm very impressed with the power of this machine. I've pulled 6 feet of about 1/4 roots out of a line. I've pulled rags out of lines. I'm so happy that it is an easy clean up, and I love the fact that I can get it under a trailer house. I would recommend this machine to anyone and when the time comes to buy more machines for my Company you can bet it will K60's.

Comment

Welcome to the forum wyplumber. just to be clear for the few skeptics out there, me and you have never talked, correct.

Rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

• Josh
        Josh commented
        Editing a comment
        Rick you have to stop signing up under all these other usernames ;-)

• PLUMBER RICK
        PLUMBER RICK commented
        Editing a comment
        don't give me a hint. just not enough free time to post 2x as much.
        rick.

How about this catch of the day. 4'' cleanout that transitions at 26' in to the 6'' clay under sidewalk. heavy roots and then more at the city saddle at 48'. tool of choice is the k-60 with first section of innercore and a 4'' spiral rootsaw.

Rick.

first pass at the 26' mark 4x6'' transition. closeup of the roots.

second pass to 48' with the pile i cut off. 4'' spiral saw. allows me to cut in forward rotation and auger in reverse rotation. the open end is a great auger.

Rick.
      Attached Files
      phoebe it is

Comment

Plumber Rick,,,,,,,,where did u get that 4" spiral root saw,,,,,,,,need that for all the 6" clay jobs I do.

Comment

• PLUMBER RICK
          PLUMBER RICK commented
          Editing a comment
          that particular spiral saw is a general. it's 1'' wide stock and has a great hook. doesn't have the teeth on both sides as the ridgid, but it has a better hook and is more aggressive.

Rick.

Cheesehead call AJ Coleman they more than likely have it in stock for the 7/8 cable
        Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
        Ron's Facebook
        A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
        Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
        Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

I was the 4th plumber on this job. Floor drain is coming up when laundry and upstairs toilet is being used/flushed. Ran the reverse auger with 7/8 cable through a 2" ABS cleanout out to 75'. The self feeding action of the cable made the job easy and the cable coming back was loaded with roots.

Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

• PLUMBER RICK
            PLUMBER RICK commented
            Editing a comment
            the reverse auger is the best go to cable when nothing else will fit the opening or penetrate the stoppage. it blows away a factory auger bit and doesn't break.

Rick.
        Working...
        X