• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIDGIDRachel
    started a topic Tell us your K-60 story

Tell us your K-60 story

Nothing beats word-of-mouth testimonials from your peers to get honest
    feedback on what does and doesn’t work.

What do you think about the K-60? We would love to hear comments or see pictures and videos! Tell us your story.

• The Drain Cleaner
    replied
    Absolutely love this machine, works great for going down the roof vent. I pull a lot less toilets with the Ridgid K-60.

Leave a comment:

• cheesehead plumber
    replied
    Bought my k-60 3 years ago. I am the go to sewer-drain cleaner in a shop of 4 plumbers as no one wants to load and unload the shops mytana sled drum machine. I have done over 100 sewers each year,most sewers were 6" clay 75ft.long.

Leave a comment:

• PLUMBER RICK
    commented on 's reply
    the reverse auger is the best go to cable when nothing else will fit the opening or penetrate the stoppage. it blows away a factory auger bit and doesn't break.

Rick.

• gear junkie
    replied
    Last edited by gear junkie; 05-19-2018, 02:49 PM.

Leave a comment:

• PLUMBER RICK
    commented on 's reply
    that particular spiral saw is a general. it's 1'' wide stock and has a great hook. doesn't have the teeth on both sides as the ridgid, but it has a better hook and is more aggressive.

Rick.

• SewerRatz
    replied
    Cheesehead call AJ Coleman they more than likely have it in stock for the 7/8 cable

Leave a comment:

• cheesehead plumber
    replied
    Plumber Rick,,,,,,,,where did u get that 4" spiral root saw,,,,,,,,need that for all the 6" clay jobs I do.

Leave a comment:

• PLUMBER RICK
    replied
    How about this catch of the day. 4'' cleanout that transitions at 26' in to the 6'' clay under sidewalk. heavy roots and then more at the city saddle at 48'. tool of choice is the k-60 with first section of innercore and a 4'' spiral rootsaw.

Rick.

first pass at the 26' mark 4x6'' transition. closeup of the roots.

second pass to 48' with the pile i cut off. 4'' spiral saw. allows me to cut in forward rotation and auger in reverse rotation. the open end is a great auger.

Rick.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• PLUMBER RICK
    commented on 's reply
    don't give me a hint. just not enough free time to post 2x as much.
    rick.

• Josh
    commented on 's reply
    Rick you have to stop signing up under all these other usernames ;-)

• NHMaster3015
    commented on 's reply
    If nothing else you should get one so you can make girley drinks with it

• NHMaster3015
    commented on 's reply
    Variable speed would be a great addition and I suspect, not all that hard to do. It can be a bear pulling cable too but the mechanism to auto reverse the cable would add a lot of wight and bulk to the machine.
    We use the K60 for probably 80% of the residential work we do because its light weight, compact and easy to move around and while it will handle larger jobs it is not IMO the ideal choice always. You really have to keep on top of things with larger cables and cutters spinning because the machine has a tendency to tip over if you aren't careful.

• PLUMBER RICK
    replied
    Welcome to the forum wyplumber. just to be clear for the few skeptics out there, me and you have never talked, correct.

Rick.

Leave a comment:

• wyplumber
    replied
    I have 12 years experience in sewer cleaning. I've used almost every make of cable machines out there. From General, Marco,Burton, and Rigids. This was the first sectional I've ever operated. I studied machines for about 8 months before purchasing the K60 for my Business. I have to say at first I was sceptical, I seen the cable and thought hmm its not a solid strand cable there is no innercore. How will this not break. I've used it on many jobs now. Not only am I pleased with the weight, and the cleanliness of my jobsites after I'm done. I'm very impressed with the power of this machine. I've pulled 6 feet of about 1/4 roots out of a line. I've pulled rags out of lines. I'm so happy that it is an easy clean up, and I love the fact that I can get it under a trailer house. I would recommend this machine to anyone and when the time comes to buy more machines for my Company you can bet it will K60's.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X