X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Motor seizing on K-60

Hey Clip...Oh no Not that again !!! There should be an after market part number that you can get at an auto parts store..You are right the bearing thing is getting pretty old isn't it? At what point does ridgid just do a recall and get these lemons straightened out..Mine went out in way less than 2 years, but I ranted enough about that already.Im sure if you do a search you will find the bearing part #.Let us know what you find . Good luck
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Well I am just going to wait for it now its already paid for. I do wonder if some wd40 would help ?

Comment

the bearing trade size is metric and is a 6206. a double sealed bearing would be best to keep out moisture and grit.

6206 is 30 mm i.d. x 62 mm od x 16 mm wide.

there are bearings that use "perma lube" which never needs lubing.

mcmaster carr is a great source of all sorts of bearings. not the cheapest, but a big variety of different styles.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by Clipper City Plumber View Post
          Well I am just going to wait for it now its already paid for. I do wonder if some wd40 would help ?
          I tried everything as well .I was desperate for a quick fix too.The bearings are sealed so I don't think it will help that particular issue but might help free other parts up.

Comment

I suggest that you purchase and install the bearings that Rick suggested.
            Use the ones from Ridgid as backup.

Otherwise, it seems to me, you're replacing a known problem part with the same part.
            My orginal have not locked up, but time will tell.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark7 View Post
              I suggest that you purchase and install the bearings that Rick suggested.
              Use the ones from Ridgid as backup.

Otherwise, it seems to me, you're replacing a known problem part with the same part.
              My orginal have not locked up, but time will tell.
              Sounds like good advice to me .Glad yours has not struggled yet. The good thing is that they don't struggle till you need to use them..hahahaha

Comment

Well I got my bearing and had to remove the handle to get a good angle to hammer the pulley off and now can't get the old bearing out of the pulley. I heated it up did not seem to help . It looks like Sears has a bearing puller for about $20 may pick that up today.

Comment

a punch made of brass or aluminum will help you knock it out.

the purpose of the heat is to break the bond that was used on the race with locktite. get a good angle with the punch from the backside while the pulley is supported on a block of wood that is spaced to allow the bearing to drop out.

fortunately the bearings go in pretty easy. remember to use the locktite on the inner race. see the attached link notes. and i found that if you don't have a press to push them in, then use a piece of plastic pipe to carefully knock in the inner and outer race.

here is the link to the parts and the notes for the locktite placement.

http://www.ridgid.com/ASSETS/B12B3AF...Machine_PL.pdf

rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

So the lock tight goes on the inner race to hold the bearing to the shaft and not the outer race ? But lock tight is holding the bearing to the pulley? What keeps the bearing in the pulley? I also read thru the operating instructions and never let the machine run for 20 minutes when it was cold out and maybe that's damaged the bearing?

Comment

the purpose of the locktite on the shaft and idler cone is to not allow it to spin on the shaft or idler cone, but rather on the inner bearing assembly.

the only thing about the extreme cold is that the grease in the bearings is not up to temperature and will not properly lube the bearings as it's more like a thick maple syrup. warming it up will allow for better lube/ grease flow.

nothing i need to worry about out here

rick.
                      phoebe it is

Comment

Just a little heat did the trick! How long did you wait for the lock tight to set up before you used the machine? I can't wait to see if this is it as we have been giving away drain calls for a while now.

Comment

by the time you read this, you can use it

good job on the fix.

how were the old bearings? lots of wobble?

don't wd40 the new bearings as it will break down the factory grease. even though the bearings should be sealed.

rick.
                          phoebe it is

Comment

The old bearings were breaking apart.

Comment

Advance Auto Parts number is 206-FF. Price is 18.50 each
                              Distractions are everywhere, don't lose sight of your dream.

Comment

Working...
                              X