X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My K-60 Is Working

I posted this on the other forum, but I know some K-60 users don't go there. Had a guy that I work for call me about a drain that he needed cleared. Show up and we walked out to his 5 acre lake...got a 12" culvert overflow drain under the water about 2 foot...the pipe goes out the side of hill about 50 foot away and 10 foot lower...so I said I would give it a try.... got the K-60 and 7/8" i.c. cable and shove about 12 foot in with a 4 blade point cutter, got thru after grinding a bit, got little flow...pulled out and changed to a 4" double blade and grind some more and little better flow...pulled back and put on my biggest 4" spiral cutter and after a lot of grinding and trying not to get to tangled up in the cable and falling into the pond ---bam got it and the cable got suck out of my hand and was gone! Got a big a$$ whirlpool and had to go to the other end to a full bore flow and picked out my cable....machine worked great and gave tremendous amount of torque!!!
    Attached Files
    Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
    You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Re: My K-60 Is Working

Good Job
    I got to hit a thanks button
    Rod
    MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
    Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
    http://unclognh.com
    http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

12'' drain are you nuts

you got balls glad you got the photos to show us

in the future a jetter from the other end is a lot safer and much easier.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
        12'' drain are you nuts

you got balls glad you got the photos to show us

in the future a jetter from the other end is a lot safer and much easier.

rick.
        When I got there I suggested it but the nearest water source was about 1/2 mile away...and nobody has a trailer jetter....I think I am the only one that has a cart jetter even...so when I got done he asked what I owed and I said I got an hour into it, so before I could finish my sentence he said well here's a check for two hours!!!

Derek

Comment

Nice..glad you were able to retrieve your cable..I would have had instant heart failure
          ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by OLD1 View Post
            Nice..glad you were able to retrieve your cable..I would have had instant heart failure
            Its about the only one of three times I cussed in front of a customer....I didn't mean to but it completely caught me off guard....

Derek

Comment

Working...
            X