X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K-60 Advise

I know this will be hard to answer....but with the K-60, under "normal" usage averaging 90 foot a drain of 7/8" cable....about how many drains do you think you can cable before you need to change the Clutch Jaw Assembly?

Here's the deal....I checked my records and found I have cabled about 45 sewers on 7/8" cable averaging 90 foot of run....and then had about 24 drains of running 5/8" cable averaging 50-75 foot....and I need to change out the C.J.A.....But some of the wear was operator learning curve....Thanks....
    Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
    You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Re: K-60 Advise

operator error. it took me 3 years on a used machine to finally wear it out to the point 5/8'' cable wouldn't grip.

just like learning to drive a stick operating the clutch, same thing.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
      operator error. it took me 3 years on a used machine to finally wear it out to the point 5/8'' cable wouldn't grip.

just like learning to drive a stick operating the clutch, same thing.

rick.

Let me rephrase...I don't know that I need to change the C.J.A.....it still grips and spins and has plenty of torque....just looking at it...it has cable grooves notched thru it...maybe that is normal....

Derek

Comment

remember the clutch is the wear item, not the cable. an easy test is how does it handle 5/8'' cable? does it grip or does it slip

as the clutch wears away, 5/8'' is the first to slip.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

If grooves are starting to show, it's probably best to have an extra clutch on hand. It'll start to slip when you're 150 feet out working over some roots. That's when you'll wish you had the new clutch ready to go in.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
            remember the clutch is the wear item, not the cable. an easy test is how does it handle 5/8'' cable? does it grip or does it slip

as the clutch wears away, 5/8'' is the first to slip.

rick.
            No problems with the 5/8"....just ran 80 foot of it yesterday no problems....

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
            If grooves are starting to show, it's probably best to have an extra clutch on hand. It'll start to slip when you're 150 feet out working over some roots. That's when you'll wish you had the new clutch ready to go in.
            I do have an extra one on hand!

I know some people could say it last them 2 years, but they only cable 50 drains in that time.....I am just wondering is there even a way to know how many drains one could get out of a set?? If it can't be answered I understand, I am just curious.....But I am not having issues still spins both cables, no problems....

Derek

Comment

I really don't worry about how many drains I can get out of a machine till it needs repaired..Keep on truckin'
              ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by OLD1 View Post
                I really don't worry about how many drains I can get out of a machine till it needs repaired..Keep on truckin'
                It was more of a my mind wonders and I think about trivial things like that....since I posted this thread, I have done 10 more sewers....still no problems.....like I said I am not sure if it can even be answer with a number!!!
                Last edited by dcman; 07-07-2011, 07:45 PM. Reason: spelling

Derek

Comment

Probably not a number as opposed to the type of drain and the type of strain you are putting on the machine.I imagine eating away at a heavy root build up wears em' out faster than a typical paper or hair clog..When the 60 finally quits on me his big bro is patiently waiting
                  ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
                  X