X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Siezed up again

Well here we go again...Went out on a call the other evening .Buddy of mine couldn't unstop a kitchen drain with his pistol snake..So out came the big gun(so I thought) ..Got everything set up , adjusted for the 5/8" cable and bulb auger ..Went to power the machine up and just a humming noise again..WHAT not again!..This is the 3rd time this has happened..I removed the cover that houses the belt .Even removed the clutch jaws(little worn but no enough to mess with)..Ok so after manually spinning the to gear with the belt, eventually something freed up..Of course after tripping the motor overload 3-4 times while trying to un jam the dam* thing..I seems like there is a broken gear that is jamming up the works and once it gets past the spline or whatever is going on it will run..This is getting too old .I spent atleast 1/2 hr. just getting the machine to the point where it would work..2 days later working on a floor drain ..No problems..WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON????Of course the thing is outta warranty .Fortunately I have a friend that works on them so hopefully he can help me out with this. It does not seem like a bearing issue of any kind ..something is broked /jammed..When the motor was being switched from forward to revers the handle would jump a slight bit but that was it ..Sorry just had to vent ..I'm tired of doing this
    Last edited by OLD1; 07-25-2011, 10:38 AM. Reason: sp
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Re: Siezed up again

Daaang......I don't blame you for being upset....did you look in that back housing to see if it was rubbing against the casing? I read where PIPE DOC found that's what he had wrong....sorry to here it....I hope some of the other K-60 Kings can help ya out....
    Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
    You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

if it happens again, loosen the belt and remove it. this willl allow you to tell if it's a motor issue or a drive issue.

it sounds like a motor issue from what you're describing.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Mine's going on three years now.Just lube.Boy what a great machine.
        My little brother blows up every vehicle he gets within a year.Frustrates the heck out of me.

Sorry your having trouble with your machine old1

Comment

Thaks all . yeah I am going to have to break this thing down and find out what's going on .I am looking for the parts diagram now ..I will follow up and let you know what I find .Thanks for letting me vent..

Comment

here it is.

http://www.ridgid.com/ASSETS/B12B3AF...Machine_PL.pdf

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

Got mine running good again with Ricks Magic 3/4 inch copper clutch adjuster
              Rod
              MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
              Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
              http://unclognh.com
              http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

Originally posted by UnClogNH View Post
                Got mine running good again with Ricks Magic 3/4 inch copper clutch adjuster
                Oh yes. I used my own clutch alignment tool when I was re assembling everything

Comment

Would Marine grease lube help solve the problem of the bearings seizing up?
                  Rod
                  MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
                  Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
                  http://unclognh.com
                  http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

Maybe , but I am not even sure it is a bearing issue

Comment

the bearings are double shielded. i doubt that you will be able to grease them. remember that the 2 zerk fittings have absolutely nothing to do with the bearings. truthfully they're a waste.

rick.
                      phoebe it is

Comment

My k-60's use to do that seize thing, I would just push on the belt to free it up or take it apart. But it stopped doing that when I lay them down not stand them straight up. I think water sludge was going into the clutch and rusting it, I don't know. But now I don't stand them on end and it hasn't happened for a long time.
                        Seattle Drain Service

Comment

I don't stand mine on end during storage .I store mine laying flat as in use and still have issues.the problem is that it only happens when you are not expecting it and you need it to work..Like I have said before it will work till it doesn't

Comment

I'm glad I didn't buy a K60.

Comment

Working...
                            X