Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: finally got my k 60sp yah.....

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
    i use just the front 15' section. have used both the ridgid c-10-ic/ inner core and the general inner core.
    my best most aggressive root cutter is the spiral root saw. it allows me to cut roots while rotating forward and to act as a hook to tear when rotating in reverse.

my second most valuable cutter is my 4'' x 3'' pear cutter. it allows me to scrape pretty good on 4'' pipe with hard cast buildup that a normal 4'' cutter would struggle with.

my most valuable all around problem solver is my rick reverse auger.

rick.
    my

Thanks for the reply Rick.
    Can you post a pic of the "Rick Reverse Auger" ?

Comment

Originally posted by eddiegoodfellar View Post
      Thanks for the reply Rick.
      Can you post a pic of the "Rick Reverse Auger" ?
      I think it's just a broken or cut-off piece of sectional cable.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
        I think it's just a broken or cut-off piece of sectional cable.

J.C.
        Thanks thats simple enough.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	ed7b870476a157074c3a17cd1e5443a4.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	213.0 KB
ID:	11924Click image for larger version

Name:	c6ac692d9f3f1210ccd0ca86ad3746a4.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	233.0 KB
ID:	11925
          ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

the important thing to remember with the reverse auger is the fact the mach needs to be run in reverse / counterclockwise rotation. the end auger can also be bent out on a 45 degree to allow it to whip on a 4'' line and still pass through a 1.5'' line.

in reverse the auger grabs like a corkscrew and it also will want to auto feed into the line.

another advantage is the cable will not break off from the connector like the ridgid straight auger does. the weld is 14' away and the cable is a much larger wire gage.

i've used it hundreds of times with great results.

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

And that was a pic of the 7/8" cable . Also have a 5/8".Still working on the 1 1/4 " prototype.Wouldn't leave home without em'..

Comment

Originally posted by OLD1 View Post
                And that was a pic of the 7/8" cable . Also have a 5/8".Still working on the 1 1/4 " prototype.Wouldn't leave home without em'..
                I've never run into a need for such a beast for the 1.25" cable.....but then, I only use it in 4" and 6" and I have the flexible trap leader

Comment

Originally posted by Swade Plumbing View Post
                  I've never run into a need for such a beast for the 1.25" cable.....but then, I only use it in 4" and 6" and I have the flexible trap leader
                  Me too still waiting on a toasted cable to make one though

Comment

my second most valuable cutter is my 4'' x 3'' pear cutter. it allows me to scrape pretty good on 4'' pipe with hard cast buildup that a normal 4'' cutter would struggle with. rick.
                    Could we see a picture of this 4x3 pear cutter for those of us that don't know?

Comment

Originally posted by Flux View Post
                      Could we see a picture of this 4x3 pear cutter for those of us that don't know?
                      how about a whole thread with pictures.

https://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/t24929/

rick.
                      phoebe it is

Comment

how about a whole thread with pictures.

https://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/t24929/

rick.
                        So you made those cutters pictured in that thread?

I think you should open up an online store..and sell off some of your stock!

Comment

not exactly. i took a stock 4'' x 4'' and 4''x 3'' blade with a 3/8'' round bolt hole and milled it out to fit the rectangular bolt pattern of the k-60/1500.

pretty simple to make just 1 with a dremel. but for production, a mill is the way to go.

i gave one to ridgid to duplicate a few years back to no avail. so maybe i could open up the rick -60 custom cutter shop

how do you think orange county choppers started all i need is some ink and a beer belly

rick.
                          phoebe it is

Comment

Well my K -60 is coming as soon as I sell my other machine, so it's nice to know some of this stuff.

Comment

Yah.. actually got to use my k 60 today was i ever impressed had a plugged line under a 100 year old house abs to castiron to clay pipe into tank whole house was backing up pulled lid off of old tank not full so looked around no cleanouts "typical" so pulled toilet grabbed the brand new 7/8 and started with straight auger went right to tank my helper said some **** came out so i retrieved the cable and used the spade bit and ended with a few passes with the three inch blade.. worked awesome quick drop sheets pertected the floor and yes the cable did seem to spin dry i m extreamly impressed like ive said before im new at this drain cleaning stuff but it was awesome... Know what do i do with my new k750" last but not least i pulled the overflow and used the k 45 to snake the bathtub cause when it backed up it plugged the trap with crap... Anyways super stoked cant wait to get more familliar with this machine just got get a rick reverse auger.
                              Last edited by seanny deep; 10-12-2011, 11:58 PM.

Comment

you'll have a reverse auger when you kink a cable. don't sacrifice a new cable yet.

although the reverse auger is the cable/ cutter that will accomplish the impossible, the spiral saw and 4 blade cutter do a great job on just about everything.

the more you use it, the more comfortable you get with the machine.

post some photos of your set up.

rick.
                                phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                                X