X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Used k60 question

I just won the bid on a used k60 on eBay. It looks like it was barely used and comes with 90ft of 7/8 cable and a few cutters for $700. Well after I win the bid the seller emails me and says he just plugged it in to check before he ships it and it doesn't work. He said he is taking it to a repair shop to find out what's wrong. I have never owned a k60 and don't know anyone who has one. So my question to the k60 guys on the forum is should I still buy it. Have you guys had motors seized up and not repairable or other things to stay away from. Just wondering if I'm just better of buying a band new one.

Re: Used k60 question

the 700 is better than 1/2 off if it's complete.

lets just hope it's not a salvaged flooded unit.

i would stick with sale, but don't pay yet. keep in contact with the seller via ebay communications so it's all traceable.

make sure you get the repair ticket to prove it's properly fixed and serviced.

might be as simple as a gfi or overload to reset. might be seized bearing. might have been submerged in the recent floods.

post the link to the unit and i'll see the ebay listing.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Thanks Rick. I have not payed for it yet and won't till I hear what's wrong. I was thinking gfi but you never know. I'll try to post the link. I'm not computer savvy so I'll have to get the wife.

Comment

Rick here is the link:

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

Comment

something tells me they didn't get the price they wanted and are trying to back out of the deal.

the tool is pretty much spotless based on the 12 photos.

let them make good on it plus you have ebay guarantee with original shipping price too.

put it on your cc and paypal.

i can't see how it goes from the description to the their response in a week.

stick with it and see what they do.

rick.

YOU ARE BIDDING ON A USED RIDGID K-60 SP DRAIN CLEANING SNAKE MACHINE WITH 90FT ROLL OF SNAKE AND THREE CUTTER TIPS !!! THIS RIDGID K-60 IS EXELLENT WORKING CONDITIONS, HAS BEEN TESTED AND IS READY TO WORK !! EXTREMLY VERY NICE, LITTLE USE CONDITIONS, PLEASE TAKE A LOOK AT PICTURES WHAT YOU SEE IS WHAT YOU WILL RECIEVE. DONT MISS OUT AND SAVE $$$$$. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE FEEL FREE TO EMAIL ME !! NO RESERVES, NO PO BOXES, SHIP TO THE LOWER 48 STATES ONLY !!! , THANKS FOR YOUR INTEREST BUTTER-TOOLS.

phoebe it is

Comment

Maybe see in your endeavors...if he will guarantee it not to be DOA....but watch the communication carefully.....
            Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
            You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

I agree with Rick that the guy is probably trying to be slick and get you to back out so that he can relist it. Tool sellers on ebay are notorious for this kind of crap. If you do all of the payment through paypal with a credit card, you should be covered, but make sure that you get documentation.

Or just cancel and order a new machine from Marvin!

from his feedback:
              SOLD A NON WORKING ITEM,TRIED TO CONTACT SELLER DID NOT RETURN MESSAGE.Buyer: Member id jparsons76 ( Feedback Score Of 24)
              Feb-25-11 11:23 DYSON BALL DC24 ALL FLOORS UPRIGHT VACUUM CLEANER NIB (#180619459804)
              purchased an item been over a week and no shipping info and wont respond to meBuyer: Member id dennis702168 ( Feedback Score Of 6 )
              Jun-06-11 11:51 RIDGID 915 ROLL GROVER GREAT COND !!!! (#180670512870)US $325.00 \

Comment

Well it looks like you guys where right. I sent him several emails to find out if he got it fixed and haven't gotten a reply. He must of expected to sell it for a lot more. I saw he sold one just like it a few months ago for $1200. I guess I'll be calling Marvin to get a price on a new one.

Comment

file a complaint with ebay.

rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

Hey guys just had a quick question I just bought a k60 off ebay at a decent price and I haven't received it yet, should be here middle of next week. anyhow looking back at the pictures of my "new machine" I noticed now that the brace from the jaw housing that goes out and down the the from is either gone or broken off hard to tell. I'm thinkin it may have gotten dropped or something. I"ve been "reassured" the clutch and bearings all are in great shape. I just wanted to know if I need this support arm looking deal or not. Otherwise to replace it looks like I have to buy the whole jaw housing assembly.
                    Let me know because the guys got another one of these and I may be able to work something out.
                    Thanks

Comment

post a link. to have broken it off, it would have serious damage. or it was cut off to steal it.

it also makes for a good handle to carry it with.

a photo / link would help.

rick.
                      phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                      X