Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone know of any used k-60's for sale?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know of any used k-60's for sale?

Hi I"m new to this forum and not real sure where to put this so I'll start here. I am a journeyman plumber who has just started going back to school to become hvac certified as well and in my brillance I decide in order to come up with some more money I'd start a sewer side of my business. So I bought a ridgid k-45af and a ridgid k-750, haven't used it yet unit was cheap, real cheap, but needs cable and power feed that will here in about 3 weeks delivered, and a buddy damn near gave me a k-400 that I think is ok. Well now to why I posted here. I"m kind of leaning towards maybe having a medium sectional machine in my van and the k-60 seems to get mixed reviews. I am hoping to pick one up between 500 and 800 bucks, cheaper the better seeing as I'm just getting started, and I thought I'd ask around if anyone had one for sale. And am I correct in thinking for a midweight machine this machine could do a broad spectrum of drain sizes and would be easier in some cases to get out than my 750 but be able to do the work that my k-45/400 can't. I think I'm on the right idea just thought I'd ask the pros.
    Thanks

Re: Anyone know of any used k-60's for sale?

k-60 does 80% of my drain work 1.5" - 6" love it!

check ebay

Comment

chris, welcome to the ridgid forum

sounds like you've done some good research. the 750 is a good drum machine, the 7500 is more commercial, but they both do the same thing.

the k-45 and k-60 will do just about everything you come across.

continue reading the k-60 section of the forum for all the tips and tricks. along with real life photos.

i have 3 k-60's and am working on getting a 4th.

if you can't find a k-60 , a k-50 will do your difficult 1.5''-2''lines and also some 3''and 4'' lines with the 5/8'' sectional cables.

continue reading, learning and asking questions. over the years plenty on the forum have perfected drain cleaning as a major source of income.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Rick,
        I just came across a used unit for 500 plus shipping but it doesn't come with cables or cutters or anything it looks a little used but nothing terrible. Is there anything specifically I need to watch out for on these units. I looked it up and for 250 I can get the 5/8 cable kit and cutters. I may have found my machine lets hope.
        Thanks

Comment

sounds like ebay, buyer beware.
          if you can sample the machine, listen to it for bearing noise. basically there are 2 main bearings and a clutch that wears out after years of use. the bearings are about 20.00 each and the clutch is about 80.00

just as well the cable is missing as it's nice to have new cable with no history. 5/8'' is fine for the 1.5''-2'' lines, but the purpose of the k-60 is the 7/8'' cable and 3'',4'' and even 6'' with inner core cable.

i would possibly hold off as a new machine with no cables or cutters is 1100-1200.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

that's the one i'm trading a propress for. just waiting for my buddy to drive it out from oregon.

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
              that's the one i'm trading a propress for. just waiting for my buddy to drive it out from oregon.

rick.
              Sorry. Didn't know you had made a deal.

J.C.

Comment

RICK! I am sooooo gonna kick your
                I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

MAN ! , Gotta tell you .There is no way I would let this constant monitoring happen Rick..NO WAY!!!! BTW did you get that suitcase
                  ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

never bid on it, but it went for $600 plus shipping.

don't know why joey is upset. i'm just swapping this for that.

a propress for a k-60. pretty even trade.

rick.
                    phoebe it is

Comment

Guess they don't understand our logic ..I am getting a propress very soon..
                      ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
                      X