X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K 60 VS K 7500 ( hate or love?)

the K 60 just don't have the power to get through a sewer full of roots. if it wasn't for the fact that I would have to replace it i would loose it on a job somewhere. i have been using it off and on for over a year now and dread every time i have to pull it out. is just to much work having to haul everything around. K7500 i pull up a bucket take a seat and let the machine do the work.
    Last edited by WhoFlungPoo; 01-07-2012, 12:11 AM.

Re: K 60 VS K 7500 ( hate or love?)

I'm not saying that the K 60 don't have it's place.... But when you are trying to clean a sewer that is full of roots it is to much work. For a small clog of roots it's good, but when the roots are half as big as my fingers it is useless.
    I have had several jobs where the K 60 saved my but, but as a everyday every sewer tool no. I will stick with the K 7500 and my bucket.

Comment

I like Chevy, NO I like Fords, NO Chevy is King, NO your wrong Ford is King,

I guess that is why there are two different machines, out there, different strokes for different fokes, guess what YOUR BOTH RIGHT, and most likely in some situations your BOTH wrong, Hey can we agree on that they are both RIDGID, and both start with a K,
      Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
      attributed to Samuel Johnson
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	3c829367ed40922198459aeac186ae3c.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	490.8 KB
ID:	16273

K-60 could never pull back a 5 foot root this size. Would like to see you pull this one with a K 60..
        This was with the K 7500 and a 2 inch cutter, followed up with 3 inch to finish cleaning line.
        Don't see K 60 doing a root ball this long Rick!!
        Last edited by WhoFlungPoo; 05-14-2012, 01:20 PM.

Comment

I'm not sold on the K60 by any means, and I will probably never own one either. The K7500 is a nice machine, but if you want the ultimate root killing machines, your gonna need some 1.25" Eel cable with the Model C and a heavy duty drill or a K1500. Either of those setups will do circles around the K7500 or the K60. If your up against 3" and 4" pipes the K60 or K7500 will do just fine, but if you won't to joint the big leagues, your gonna need a Model C or K1500.
          Will Rogers Plumbing
          Moore, Oklahoma
          (
          405) 323-2852

"Your Solution for Any Sewer and Drain Cleaning Needs"

"We Unclog Drains That Others Can't"

www.willrogersplumbing.com
          http://willrogersplumbing.com/?page_id=8

"Oklahoma's Favorite Plumbers!"

Comment

Originally posted by AssTyme
            How much does it cost to join
            Around 2K to get your foot in the door with the Model C, around 2.5K for the K1500
            Will Rogers Plumbing
            Moore, Oklahoma
            (
            405) 323-2852

"Your Solution for Any Sewer and Drain Cleaning Needs"

"We Unclog Drains That Others Can't"

www.willrogersplumbing.com
            http://willrogersplumbing.com/?page_id=8

"Oklahoma's Favorite Plumbers!"

Comment

Yes
              AllurePlumbing.com
              • leak detection
              • drain cleaning
              • utility locating
              • conductor fault locating
              • and other specialties.

Greensboro NC, Winston-Salem NC, High Point NC, Thomasville NC, Kernersville NC

Comment

I did three jobs with the K-60 today. 1)Mainline at a house, 75ft out, wipes. 2)Floor drain in commercial building where they make salsa. Used the 5/8 cable on that one. Pulled out rubber bands, and string. 3)Mainline at a trailer court, 90ft out through a three inch trap.(could the K-7500 do that one?) Tree roots.

Too easy.

BTW I have an older Spartan jetter that puts out 4000psi and 18gpm. Dual axle, 5/8 hose. 797? Does anybody know anything about this jetter? I've never seen another one.
                Last edited by TomSV650; 05-15-2012, 12:37 AM.

Comment

tom, any diesel over 50 horsepower has to be registered with the aqmd and pay a big annual fee. i have no idea why spartan uses such a large engine for those specs. california is a different market than the rest of the country needs to know this. when i was shopping for jetters of this size, they were clueless and still are.

rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

Rick i will agree that the K 60 is more portable and i use one on roofs often, but most of our costumers do not maintenance there sewers as often as they should. Around here the average root ball is not inches. Most are at least 3 foot or better and the K60 takes way to long to work it's way through. Question for you? What types of sewers are you dealing with where you are??
                    Clay, Cast iron, orangeburg, PVC??

Comment

Watch the insults.

Mark
                      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                        Watch the insults.

Mark

I guess that's the end of this thread...............

Comment

Havent been on here in a while but i love my k60 used it twice yesterday. the mor. i use it the more i like it. just a rookies opion thou. thanks seanny

Comment

Had a customer call with a sewer back up a couple months ago and upon arrival found no clean out for sewer. I took our K-60 up on the roof and after 45 minutes of getting no where the customer informs me that some years ago another company had dug up her sewer to gain access to clean the line. I located the spot sewer was clay tile so i brought out the K7500 and went to work. First trip down was with a 3" c cutter that didn't go far so i pulled back and sent a 2" cutter down and made several passes through blockage. I again sent a 3" cutter down sewer and after a few minutes the cable started showing singes of not moving so i pulled cable back to see if cutter was balled with roots. After i pulled cable back and removed roots from cutter sent 3" down one last time to make sure sewer was cleared.
                            Pictures that follow are from this job. I know the K60 has it's place but would like to see one pull this back in 15 minutes... I didn't even touch this from the roof with the K60 didn't even get a strand of a root back when i tried.

Click image for larger version

Name:	3c829367ed40922198459aeac186ae3c.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	490.8 KB
ID:	16273 Click image for larger version

Name:	327e316ba34a4e594e5617945b8abf1e.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	494.8 KB
ID:	16777
                            Last edited by WhoFlungPoo; 11-02-2012, 08:20 PM.

Comment

So why didn't you try using your k 60 from the ground, why would you put it in the truck and off load a k 7500 after halling the k 60 on to the roof then down and not try it, if it hadn't hit the roots yet from the roof why were you intimidated enough to grab the drum machine? Just doesn't make sense to me.

Comment

Working...
                              X