Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

7/8" Cutters are Rubbish

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Re: 7/8" Cutters are Rubbish

    Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
    Yikes
    That's just what I was thinking! Different strokes for different folks I guess.

    The funnel auger is the LEAST used head in my box.

    Comment


    • #17
      Re: 7/8" Cutters are Rubbish

      Untill a few years ago when my funnel heads started breaking at the welds,I used funnel heads on many drains with no problems.
      They have pulled back large amounts of roots.

      Comment


      • #18
        Re: 7/8" Cutters are Rubbish

        Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
        Yikes
        I don`t know what your problem is but an explaination would be helpfull as I will am always willing to learn something new but I just don`t think your the person maybe with a couple more years experience lets say off the top of my head forty.

        Tony

        Comment


        • #19
          Re: 7/8" Cutters are Rubbish

          Originally posted by AFM View Post
          I don`t know what your problem is but an explaination would be helpfull as I will am always willing to learn something new but I just don`t think your the person maybe with a couple more years experience lets say off the top of my head forty.

          Tony



          All I have to say is that if after 40 years in the business you are still using a funnel auger as your #1 sewer cleaning bit something is NOT right


          Some people just don't have it..................


          Like I've said before it's not the time behind the wheel that makes you a good driver

          Comment


          • #20
            Re: 7/8" Cutters are Rubbish

            Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
            All I have to say is that if after 40 years in the business you are still using a funnel auger as your #1 sewer cleaning bit something is NOT right


            Some people just don't have it..................


            Like I've said before it's not the time behind the wheel that makes you a good driver
            And I am supposed to take the advice of a simpleton who has been in plumbing??? for two years and dosen`t have the intelligence to listen to others who have been in the trade for many years longer than you have.
            I was reading another thread where Rick tried to tell you the same but being a legend in your own mind I am wondering if you ever will take advice from others who have been in the plumbing game much longer than you have.

            Tony

            Comment


            • #21
              Re: 7/8" Cutters are Rubbish

              Tony I have to agree with you not on the funnel auger I've never used either of mine but on asstymes comments ... I guess there's a lot of musicians in the world but they don't all sound good. Some people just think they know everything unfortunetly learning is a measurable change in behaviour due to experience. What works for one guy might boggle the next guy.

              Comment


              • #22
                Re: 7/8" Cutters are Rubbish

                Originally posted by AFM View Post
                And I am supposed to take the advice of a simpleton who has been in plumbing??? for two years and dosen`t have the intelligence to listen to others who have been in the trade for many years longer than you have.
                I was reading another thread where Rick tried to tell you the same but being a legend in your own mind I am wondering if you ever will take advice from others who have been in the plumbing game much longer than you have.

                Tony


                I'm NOT a plumber and don't pretend to be.

                You just keep on using your beloved funnel auger (with your almighty 45 years of experience) and Ill just keep bustin' open sewers/drains in my area that other guys with decades more experience than me can't open.

                Scary thing is I'm still learning (from most members) and that's the #1 reason I frequent the big 3 forums daily

                Comment


                • #23
                  Re: 7/8" Cutters are Rubbish

                  Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
                  I'm NOT a plumber and don't pretend to be.

                  You just keep on using your beloved funnel auger (with your almighty 45 years of experience) and Ill just keep bustin' open sewers/drains in my area that other guys with decades more experience than me can't open.

                  Scary thing is I'm still learning (from most members) and that's the #1 reason I frequent the big 3 forums daily
                  So your not a plumber and haven`t done a plumbing apprenticeship and its your unqualified opinion when commenting on plumbing issuses on this forum and others you have mentioned and we who have done the hard yards in getting qualified and sacrificing low pay while doing so should take the advise of someone who has taken the short cut.
                  This may be the norm in the US where an unqualified person can touch plumbing of any kind but here in Aus if you are not qualified and down the appropriate training and have the certificates and licensed in that field then you can be fined or jailed for doing so as plumbing is the bedrock of a healthy society and hacks like you are not.
                  You may think you are not pretending to be a plumber on this forum but your avatar does and I think that is delibrate.

                  Tony

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Re: 7/8" Cutters are Rubbish

                    Originally posted by AFM View Post
                    So your not a plumber and haven`t done a plumbing apprenticeship and its your unqualified opinion when commenting on plumbing issuses on this forum and others you have mentioned and we who have done the hard yards in getting qualified and sacrificing low pay while doing so should take the advise of someone who has taken the short cut.
                    This may be the norm in the US where an unqualified person can touch plumbing of any kind but here in Aus if you are not qualified and down the appropriate training and have the certificates and licensed in that field then you can be fined or jailed for doing so as plumbing is the bedrock of a healthy society and hacks like you are not.
                    You may think you are not pretending to be a plumber on this forum but your avatar does and I think that is delibrate.

                    Tony


                    I highly respect licensed plumbers and do not cross the line. I do not touch any plumbing beyond what is needed for clearing a line blockage and am in compliance with state laws. Unscrewing a cleanout plug, removing a trap or pulling a stool, etc... Anything more involved and one of my several licensed plumber friends (who do not offer line cleaning and refer me out) gets a phone call to get me proper access or do the repair.

                    Most plumbers are strictly plumbers and not drain cleaners.

                    Tell you what Tony, my hack azz will out preform you and 90% of the plumbers out there any day of the week

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Re: 7/8" Cutters are Rubbish

                      The man knows drain cleaning. I have never, in any forum, seen him claim to know plumbing or ask how to fix it rather than the plumber. I am not sure why AT is always singled out, especially in this thread when others also agree with him in the thinking that running a funnel auger is a mistake to unstop a line. I understand why people use it to find out what is in the line and use the appropriate cutter after but not to unstop a line with roots. I have even seen Rick make poor comments on this head. I know some are tired of AT's making light of the K-60 but I am getting sick of the barrage on a professional when others cow tail to anyone that can find this site. Good fun is one thing but it winds up getting out of hand fast. I just do not understand.
                      AllurePlumbing.com
                      • leak detection
                      • drain cleaning
                      • utility locating
                      • conductor fault locating
                      • and other specialties.

                      Greensboro NC, Winston-Salem NC, High Point NC, Thomasville NC, Kernersville NC

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Re: 7/8" Cutters are Rubbish

                        Originally posted by AFM View Post
                        You may think you are not pretending to be a plumber on this forum but your avatar does and I think that is delibrate.
                        I see a cartoon kid pooping. Nothing proclaiming him to be a plumber in that pic. So my dog pic must make me the dog catcher?
                        ~~

                        ... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Re: 7/8" Cutters are Rubbish

                          Originally posted by Gettinit View Post
                          The man knows drain cleaning. I have never, in any forum, seen him claim to know plumbing or ask how to fix it rather than the plumber. I am not sure why AT is always singled out, especially in this thread when others also agree with him in the thinking that running a funnel auger is a mistake to unstop a line. I understand why people use it to find out what is in the line and use the appropriate cutter after but not to unstop a line with roots. I have even seen Rick make poor comments on this head. I know some are tired of AT's making light of the K-60 but I am getting sick of the barrage on a professional when others cow tail to anyone that can find this site. Good fun is one thing but it winds up getting out of hand fast. I just do not understand.

                          AFM was complaining about the welds breaking on the cable and got insulted by AT in his first post on this thread, post #3. AFM gave a testimony of what works for him and AT wanted a pissing contest. AT is a troll. In case you didn't notice, this part of the Ridgid forum is dedicated to K-60 usage and issues. AT doesn't have any valuable input regarding these topics. He just opines ignorance with no first person experience.

                          AFM wasn't asking for advice on how to unstop a drain, he just said what he starts with and how it works for him and AT began declaring incompetence and that AFM should get out of the business.

                          AT is indeed doing plumbing. Breaking trap seals and pulling toilets is plumbers work. AT said he was "in compliance with state laws". Does he have a plumbing code book that says drain cleaners can break trap seals? Is that how it works in Wisconsin?



                          (What's it mean to cow tail? Do your autocorrect change kowtow?)

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Re: 7/8" Cutters are Rubbish

                            That was last year and it ended as quickly as it started. Here, the laws are more lax than where you are. A drain cleaner doesn't have to be a licensed plumber. In fact, handymen get away with a whole lot more. Different states have different rules. It used to say that anything that required stopping the flow of water required a license, now, nothing. Pulling/resetting a toilet and breaking a trap seal under a sink can be done by a monkey, so I don't see the big deal.

                            I was on my phone while typing but kowtow is a word so I have no clue how it changed it to cow tail, lol.
                            AllurePlumbing.com
                            • leak detection
                            • drain cleaning
                            • utility locating
                            • conductor fault locating
                            • and other specialties.

                            Greensboro NC, Winston-Salem NC, High Point NC, Thomasville NC, Kernersville NC

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Re: 7/8" Cutters are Rubbish

                              I know that this thread has taken a completely different direction but I just wanted everyone to know we are looking into this. I agree that the funnel auger could have a tough time as the first pass... seems like a lot of stress on the cutter if it runs into a hard root blockage. None the less... I am gonna buy a couple Rothenberger Funnels and see how they compare.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Re: 7/8" Cutters are Rubbish

                                Originally posted by Gettinit View Post
                                That was last year and it ended as quickly as it started. Here, the laws are more lax than where you are. A drain cleaner doesn't have to be a licensed plumber. In fact, handymen get away with a whole lot more. Different states have different rules. It used to say that anything that required stopping the flow of water required a license, now, nothing. Pulling/resetting a toilet and breaking a trap seal under a sink can be done by a monkey, so I don't see the big deal.

                                I was on my phone while typing but kowtow is a word so I have no clue how it changed it to cow tail, lol.

                                Here, you don't have to be a licensed plumber to do drains either, and drain cleaners break trap seals all the time, too, but it's still a violation. Local code officials aren't enforcing it because it's practically unenforceable, but a complaint sent to the SOS will get violators a cease and desist order. You just need some documentation of the violation, such as a receipt of work completed. It used to be that when I reported companies for just advertising plumbing without a license and a C&D was issued, but in the past few years, they've required some proof that plumbing was done without a license and stated that advertising plumbing isn't enough to warrant an investigation.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X