Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 7/8" Cutters are Rubbish

Originally posted by Josh View Post
    I know that this thread has taken a completely different direction but I just wanted everyone to know we are looking into this. I agree that the funnel auger could have a tough time as the first pass... seems like a lot of stress on the cutter if it runs into a hard root blockage. None the less... I am gonna buy a couple Rothenberger Funnels and see how they compare.
    When I first started clearing sewers with my KM-1500 I followed the instructions that came with the machine and started with the straight auger but found it useless and then the funnel auger and found it to work as my first exploration tool (not the clearing tool) as it is shaped as a funnel and can be withdrawn if the sewerage pipe one is clearing has broken or colapsed as with the H-cutter which is a nighmare waiting to happen it all boils down the experience and the feel of the cable when the auger hits the blockage and cannot be learned out of a book of instructions but years of practice.
    Now I don`t have any problems with the 32mm funnel auger used with my K1500 its the 7/8" funnel auger used with my K-60 they are just mot strong enough and when you compare the rothenberger funnel auger and their other auger you will see the difference in materials.
    I didn`t start this thread for a fight I just wanted to state my concerns about a particular auger that I prefer and I know you all have your proferred auger and ways of clearing blocked drains which is your choice but trying to put members down and tryng to humiliate them is not on I`m a big boy and can protect myself from all comers but prefer not to
    "Sticks and stones will brake my bones but names will never hurt me"

Tony

Comment

Originally posted by AFM View Post
      When I first started clearing sewers with my KM-1500 I followed the instructions that came with the machine and started with the straight auger but found it useless and then the funnel auger and found it to work as my first exploration tool (not the clearing tool) as it is shaped as a funnel and can be withdrawn if the sewerage pipe one is clearing has broken or colapsed as with the H-cutter which is a nighmare waiting to happen it all boils down the experience and the feel of the cable when the auger hits the blockage and cannot be learned out of a book of instructions but years of practice.
      Now I don`t have any problems with the 32mm funnel auger used with my K1500 its the 7/8" funnel auger used with my K-60 they are just mot strong enough and when you compare the rothenberger funnel auger and their other auger you will see the difference in materials.
      I didn`t start this thread for a fight I just wanted to state my concerns about a particular auger that I prefer and I know you all have your proferred auger and ways of clearing blocked drains which is your choice but trying to put members down and tryng to humiliate them is not on I`m a big boy and can protect myself from all comers but prefer not to
      "Sticks and stones will brake my bones but names will never hurt me"

Tony

Please remember that several months prior is was YOU that drew first blood.

I'm moving on....................

Comment

Come on guys. enough with the jabs.

Regardless thanks for the heads up. Definitely looking into it.

Comment

Working...
        X