X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For you K-60 guys

After new years I am buying a K-60 to replace my heavy k-400, plus add some power. I am going with 5/8 and 7/8 cable. Can you list everyting you would buy to start with? Would you buy the k-60 then get genral cable? or stick with the ridgid combo? And if you have time links would be nice.

I ran my own company last year. Then went to Afghanstan for 1 year to save some cash. While I am back with money in the bank and I am looking to by some toys.

Re: For you K-60 guys

i run just 1 section of 7/8'' innercore at the front for serious root jobs. it stiffens the cable up and prevents a flip over in the 6'' pipe i run into.

the ridgid cable is pretty indestructible. i also use the spiral root saw for almost everything on the 7/8'' and the 4 blade spade on the 5/8'' cable. for all the problem areas, the rick reverse auger does the job

go back and read the k-60 post and there are plenty of tips and tricks.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

We have two k-60 sectionals. Ive only used the ridgid cables. The cable kits for 5/8 and 7/8 come with most of the goodies you need. I've ended up purchasing many additional lengths of cable and additional cable carriers. We mainly feed the 7/8 cable though. For jobs that require 5/8 or 1/2 cable we often stick with the drum. For bigger mains we break out the k-1500 and 1 1/4 cables.

Comment

Hey rick you got a link on how to make the " reverse auger"?

Comment

Originally posted by mpc_mhayes View Post
          After new years I am buying a K-60 to replace my heavy k-400, plus add some power. I am going with 5/8 and 7/8 cable. Can you list everyting you would buy to start with? Would you buy the k-60 then get genral cable? or stick with the ridgid combo? And if you have time links would be nice.

I ran my own company last year. Then went to Afghanstan for 1 year to save some cash. While I am back with money in the bank and I am looking to by some toys.

Heavy K-400.............

Comment

Great advice already. Only thing I would add is don't go crazy with the 7/8 innercore. I did and now they just sit because they're to frickin heavy. I would only buy 2 sections of the innercore and 120' of regular 7/8 cable. I use the 4 bladed cutters , spiral saw and reverse auger for both the 7/8 and 5/8.
            Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Working...
            X