X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• general i 95 a k-60 copy cat???

hope i am not having buyers remorse, just saw the general I-95 drain cleaner for less money, does not look as good as k-60, what do you guys think?

Re: general i 95 a k-60 copy cat???

You get what you pay for. I-95 only has a 1/3 hp motor. The RT-66 is more comparable to the K-60 in terms of power. The I-95 will function ok in 4", but will probably not be able to do heavy roots.

Comment

I had a i-95 it had a 1/3 hp motor it was a good machine, but it was under power for most main sewer cleanings. I sold it a few years ago. I also have generals rt 66 machine its a great machine but comes with a 1/2 hp motor, which i would say is equivalent to the k-60 which i also own.but i reach for my k-60 more. I think the rt 66 is a better built machine, but im more comfortable running the k-60..

Comment

i actually have them both.

the rt66 is my backup when i have a large job and bring in a 2nd man.

the i-95 looks similar to the k-60. it's still new in the box, along with 2 more k-60's in the box.

my original k-60 purchased used from ebay and was a rental machine, will not die. other than a couple bearings and a clutch, it's done hundreds and hundreds of cleanings for me, and miles and miles of cable.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

I have been seaching all over the internet for the 7/8 inner core 15 foot cables, like PLUMBER RICK recommends for first cable down the line when you run into roots. All ridgid offers other than 15 ft. open wind is a trap leader. Have not heard of you guys on the forum using this. General offers the i-95 with inner core cables,why not ridgid dont they listen to PLUMBER RICK, I am sold on this after seeing all Ricks trophys

Comment

Originally posted by cheesehead plumber View Post
            I have been seaching all over the internet for the 7/8 inner core 15 foot cables, like PLUMBER RICK recommends for first cable down the line when you run into roots. All ridgid offers other than 15 ft. open wind is a trap leader. Have not heard of you guys on the forum using this. General offers the i-95 with inner core cables,why not ridgid dont they listen to PLUMBER RICK, I am sold on this after seeing all Ricks trophys
            Call AJ Coleman. They will hook you up and send it the same day if you call early enough. They are out of Chicago. Allan J. Coleman - Selling Ridgid Inspection, Drain Cleaning and Power Tools, Obrien Jetters and StoneAge Sewer nozzles.
            AllurePlumbing.com
            • leak detection
            • drain cleaning
            • utility locating
            • conductor fault locating
            • and other specialties.

Greensboro NC, Winston-Salem NC, High Point NC, Thomasville NC, Kernersville NC

Comment

Rigid does listen to the forum and they do develope some of our ideas. They even have invited us to the factory/ world headquarters to have meet and greet with all the executives and product managers, engineers. Like Willy woaka and the chocolate factory.

As far as the c10 7/8" cable, they make a c10 innercore. C-10ic. It's a plastic solid core. Lighter weight than the general and doesn't rust. The innerncore doesn't add strength, it adds stiffness.

Only problem is the rigid innercore is expensive and hard to find. I have just 2 sections. Seems to be more for their foreign market.

Rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by cheesehead plumber View Post
                I've talked alot about the general innercore cable but the is a missing time period on the forum where all posts disappered. You'll see the time jump if you look at our profiles. Back to the subject. I have a ton of innercore and loves how it performs, you can really feel the cable bore through stoppages. I prefer it on the opposite end, the last section of cable becauase the cable won't torque or twist up on you. But I don't see the 6" transition here. Works great but is way to heavy. I would guess that 60' of innercore is weight equivilant to 90' of regular cable. Actually just yesterday, pulled all of it out of the van and is now sitting in the garage.
                Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                  Rigid does listen to the forum and they do develope some of our ideas. They even have invited us to the factory/ world headquarters to have meet and greet with all the executives and product managers, engineers. Like Willy woaka and the chocolate factory.

As far as the c10 7/8" cable, they make a c10 innercore. C-10ic. It's a plastic solid core. Lighter weight than the general and doesn't rust. The innerncore doesn't add strength, it adds stiffness.

Only problem is the rigid innercore is expensive and hard to find. I have just 2 sections. Seems to be more for their foreign market.

Rick.
                  I think that is because the Euro 220V models have a higher HP rating and thus a larger pipe size rating (6" equiv Euro vs 4" US, yeah I know you put it in 6" all the time and so do I, but I'm just going by the rating from the manufacturer). My K60 gets bogged down after about 60-75' of the general IC cable. It's just too heavy for the belt drive. My Rothy R750 with 1.25 hp can push about 200' of 7/8" IC cable no problem

Call AJ coleman and get 1 section of general IC cable. Much better than the ridgid stuff. (hate to say it, but I have both and do 6" clay X 100' for average drain).

Comment

I bought my K60 from Tony at the cable center in 2002, he sold me the General cable for it because he said it was cheaper and better, they accidentally sent 75' of innecore with 75' of hollow core. I've never used Ridgids 7/8" cable, but the General has been good stuff. I was surprised when I found the Ridgid forum that there were so many fans of the K-60. I don't think anybody else around here used one. The only other sectionals around here that I've seen are K1500 and K-50s with the exception of an apartment complex that bought a K-60 after seeing me use mine.

Comment

Originally posted by Swade Plumbing View Post
                      I think that is because the Euro 220V models have a higher HP rating and thus a larger pipe size rating (6" equiv Euro vs 4" US, yeah I know you put it in 6" all the time and so do I, but I'm just going by the rating from the manufacturer). My K60 gets bogged down after about 60-75' of the general IC cable. It's just too heavy for the belt drive. My Rothy R750 with 1.25 hp can push about 200' of 7/8" IC cable no problem

Call AJ coleman and get 1 section of general IC cable. Much better than the ridgid stuff. (hate to say it, but I have both and do 6" clay X 100' for average drain).
                      I've not notice a problem with my K-60 and innercore cable bogging down. I have 75' of hollow core and 75' of innercore and haven't noticed a difference.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisConnor View Post
                        I've not notice a problem with my K-60 and innercore cable bogging down. I have 75' of hollow core and 75' of innercore and haven't noticed a difference.
                        Are your innercore cables Ridgid brand or some other like Rothy or General?

Comment

They are General cables.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post

Rick.
                            Not true any more. Was $119 now it's $59 for the Ridgid intercore at AJ Coleman.

Comment

Originally posted by TomSV650 View Post
                              Not true any more. Was $119 now it's $59 for the Ridgid intercore at AJ Coleman.
                              See, they do listen to us.

Rick.
                              phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                              X