Chewing through tree roots.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chewing through tree roots.

Today on a main sewer job that i snake once a year for maintenance for tree roots i tried my 3 inch general clog chopper . Its a 4inch cast iron sewer line about 75 foot run. With a outside cleanout so i usually snake that line out with my ridgid k-7500 with a spiral blade which usually takes about 30 minutes to clean out all the roots. Today i tried my k-60 with innercore and the 3 inch clog chopper for the hell of it to see how it would work i was very inpressed with it chewed right through those roots had those roots cleaned up in half the time. I always camera the line before an after cleaning.and theres always roots in the same spot...

Re: Chewing through tree roots.

What kinda roots ? It would be interesting to know what folks deal with ,in different locals. I know Rick has ficus,I'm guessing they're the worst.
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

My favorite root is a Southern Magnolia makes my cable come out smelling like a flower

Comment

how much was the clog chopper for the K-60 cable?

Comment

I used a ridgid to slotted type adaptor for that clog chopper, that chopper was made for my general 3/4 cable. I got the adaptor at discountsewercable. Com.. That cost me 25 dols. Over a year ago...its nice i have the option to use it with my speedrooter or k-60., also have the 1 inch clog chopper that i use on my 5/8 ridgid sec. Cable and that works amazing on 1 1/2 too 2 1/2 drain lines with heavy scale , urine bluidup.....

Comment

3 inch clog chopper cost me for my general cable 165 dols. At plumber surplus.com..

Comment

I bought a small one to try out. Works pretty good. They are expensive.. I don't believe the packaging that says, "self sharpening", but if it works, I'll still buy it.

Comment

Working...
              X