X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Love my K-60 but its a POS to work on

Memo to self : Do not post when PO'd and beat.
    Last edited by wookie; 01-17-2013, 09:43 AM. Reason: regained sanity

Re: Love my K-60 but its a POS to work on

wookie, i missed the original post. but it sounds like you got it done.

next time just call or post the photo. the 2 bearings can be difficult to get out if you've never seen it done before.

that's about all that needs to be replaced. the clutch is simple and should last for thousands of jobs.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Decided to work on the 60 today. THANK YOU Ben ( Gear Junkie ) for selling me your General RT-66! Been wanting a backup, the 60 down forced me to get something else.

Turns out the set screw on the lower pulley came loose. Not surprising with the workout I was giving it at the time

Problem: cable and motor turned but could stop cable spinning just by grabbing it, motor still turning

The plastic shroud is still a POS, sliced thumb open

Really like the 66, heavier, lower rpm and built like a battle ship. I'll probably use the 60 as primary because of higher rpm.

wookie
      Last edited by wookie; 02-19-2013, 02:56 AM.

Comment

Glad you like it and it's making you money. So you just needed to tighten the set screw and it worked out?
        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
          Glad you like it and it's making you money. So you just needed to tighten the set screw and it worked out?
          Tighten set screw thats it. I would have never figured it out in the field. After getting the shield off and proper lighting and get familiar with the unit it became pretty obvious.

wookie

Also made some alterations with dremel cutoff wheel to the shroud!
          Last edited by wookie; 02-19-2013, 11:34 AM.

Comment

I actually lucked out in a way....picked up a used machine and so I wanted to take it all apart and clean everything. In the process, I became very familiar with EVERYTHING on the K60 and I would be able to figure out the problems pretty quick. My used machine had a loose set screw too....
            Ideal Plumbing

Comment

Working...
            X