X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K-60 an drill

I was on a sewer job in a huge office complex, i had to run about 160 ft to reach clog so i get my k-60 out with the inncore 7/8 general cable run 160 feet hit the clog water is going down fast. I made a adapter for my drill for the 7/8 cable just to see how it would work out. It work great pulling the cable out of the line so nice.

Re: K-60 an drill

Originally posted by getflowing View Post
    I was on a sewer job in a huge office complex, i had to run about 160 ft to reach clog so i get my k-60 out with the inncore 7/8 general cable run 160 feet hit the clog water is going down fast. I made a adapter for my drill for the 7/8 cable just to see how it would work out. It work great pulling the cable out of the line so nice.
    Awesome. What size cable for 4" Lateral should I get ? Can You post Pix of Your adapter? I'm a welder , Where's best price? thanks
    Last edited by toolaholic; 02-22-2013, 10:36 AM.
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Pulling out is fine as you can easily apply tension to the cable and avoid slack.

Have you tried to run it into the line in 15' sections?

I believe when you hit resistance with more than 6' still out of the line, you'll have problems.

Of course you could disconnect and slide a piece of 1.5" hose over the cable to contain it, or hook up tge k60 to it.

When I run my timberwolf with 10' sections, if I hit hard spots, I can and do swap the drill section to a heavy wind 4' section.

If the 7/8" cable was made with a shorter section, then you could run it like I do the larger cable.

When I do run the 1.25" cable, I can sometimes power in 20' at a time and reverse out 40' at a time as long as I have room to lay out a straight path.

Rick..
      phoebe it is

Comment

I did try it but on my sewer line just to get a feel for it, you have to have at lease have half of that cable in line to get it going. Im my drill reverse spins it in and fow. Spins it out. I would use this setup only on a soft stopage because of the cable lenght..i will post the adapter tonight....

Comment

Working...
        X