Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

New K 60 - where to buy cable and cutters?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New K 60 - where to buy cable and cutters?

Picked out the cutters and cables I want thanks to reading hundreds of past post here.

Where to buy them? Tool Up seems to have overall good prices but no General 7/8" IC
    and not many replacement blades. Free Delivery also.

AJ Coleman doesn't seem to show much on their web site so hard to compare.

A part number for General 7/8 IC would be a great help.

Any input would be great.

Re: New K 60 - where to buy cable and cutters?

Give marv or shane a call at coleman. They should have the cables and cutters in stock. Just spoke to shane today for some 1.25" specialty cutters.

I only run the front 15' section with innercore. Spiral rootsaw is my go to cutter. And my reverse auger is my get it open cable.

Rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Thank you Plumber Rick,

I found the part number for General inner core 7/8 sectional with Ridgid ends for the K-60
      # 15 R10P

Comment

rick,,,,,had another tuff root clog today with k-60,,,,the problem i am having is trying to power through with 3'' shark tooth on fist pass,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,i would like to blast line open on first pass and move on to next job,,,,,,,,,,,iguess we would all like that on every job,,,,,,,,but in reality some root jobs are tougher than others,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,so on tough root jobs,,,,,,,,,,,,,do you use the ricks reverse auger first???,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,today i used the straight auger,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,hoping it would act like the ricks reverse,,,,,,but because it is not a continuous open wind,,,,,,it stops at the coupling end,,,,,,,it is not as effective grabbing roots,,,,,,am i right about this,,,,did finally bust through,,,,,,,,,,,

Comment

Don't be affraid to use the spiral root saw in reverse rotation. I don't use the pear shape shark tooth much. I feel the spiral root saw is the most agressive cutter they have. In reverse it acts as a corkscrew auger, hook. 90% of my roots are done with a 3"" or 4" spiral root saw on the first pass.

Rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

thanks rick,,,,,,,,,,,inner core leader cable and spiral root saw,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,thanks for sharing your knowledge,,,,greg,,,,,cheesehead plumber

Comment

Working...
            X