Innercore cable...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Innercore cable...

Is it really needed for running roots? Or just a nice thing to have? If needed, how much should be run?
    Really looking hard at one, with the spring fling.

Re: Innercore cable...

you're asking for abut 7/8'' innercore? correct.

I run the first section/ 15' and it helps prevent a flip over. makes the cable stiffer. very important for 6'', but I run it all the time from 3''-6''. adds a little weight but worth the added insurance.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Yes, for the 7/8. The thing is most sewers are 6" clay as they leave the house. Most clean outs are 3,3.5, and 4 and lead to 6" underground.

Comment

Originally posted by Plumbducky View Post
        Yes, for the 7/8. The thing is most sewers are 6" clay as they leave the house. Most clean outs are 3,3.5, and 4 and lead to 6" underground.

I would be using 1.25".

Comment

I would be using .66 double wound cables from the worlds Best
          JERRYMAC
          E-MAILJERRYMAC777@GMAIL.COM
          CALIF. LIC. PLBG,HEAT,DRAINS,ELECTRIC,WATER HEATER, BOILER, POOL AND SPA HEATER
          FIRE SPRINKLER CONTRACTOR,
          SINCE JAN. 1989

Comment

"The worlds best" don't make sectionals.

But ridgid does.

If I have a 6" pipe right off the bat, I too would go with 1.25" especially if it's already plugged with roots.

My 7/8" typically is limited to about 30' of 6" lateral. First running through 50-75' of 4".

But knowing it's a 6" root stoppage, I'll drill it with my timberwolf and 1.25" cables.

Rick
            phoebe it is

Comment

So am I crazy to think that it will hold up? or should I really look into getting some 1.25 cable and adapter for my super hawg?

Comment

So am I crazy to think that it will hold up? or should I really look into getting some 1.25 cable and adapter for my super hawg?

?????

Comment

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
                  ?????
                  That the 7/8 cable will work fine in a 100' 6 " sewer.

Comment

I bought a k60 in Jan. 2013,,,,,,in milwaukee. Wi. i cleaned 125 sewers mostly 6" clay with 4" or less clean out access,,,,,,,,I did not buy the inner core cable right away,,,,,,Plumber Rick suggested that I use one 15' inner core lead cable and to use the spiral root saw. This is a root killer combination

Comment

Originally posted by cheesehead plumber View Post
                      I bought a k60 in Jan. 2013,,,,,,in milwaukee. Wi. i cleaned 125 sewers mostly 6" clay with 4" or less clean out access,,,,,,,,I did not buy the inner core cable right away,,,,,,Plumber Rick suggested that I use one 15' inner core lead cable and to use the spiral root saw. This is a root killer combination

Was there a learning curve using it, or did it just feel right? I have used both drum and sectional.
                      Have you had any issues with getting hung up in the sewer or have you flipped the cable?
                      Last edited by Plumbducky; 04-01-2014, 07:16 PM. Reason: added more text

Comment

Was there a learning curve using it, or did it just feel right? I have used both drum and sectional.
                        Have you had any issues with getting hung up in the sewer or have you flipped the cable?
                        There was a learning curve. In the beginning I would get the cable stuck. I have learned to use forward and reverse,,,,,,,sometimes you have to bring back a big ball of roots,,,,,,clean off the spiral root saw and go get the rest.,,,',only 2 jobs so far out of 155 that k60 could not do. Have not flipped a cable as of 4/1/2014.

I do not use the inner core cable when going though 4" p traps. The sharktooth c cutter that comes with the k60 is not that good,,,,, Get the two different size spiral root saws,,,

Comment

Working...
                        X