No announcement yet.

Ridgid k-60 drain cleaning machine

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid k-60 drain cleaning machine

Have a question, Pulley unit is wobbly. Put new vice jaw in, will not clamp tight enough to run 5/8 cable. Is this a bearing problem?

there should be no wobble in the pulley assy. there is a bearing that is identical to the other bearing. I would change them both. make sure to follow the Loctite instructions when mounting the bearing assy.

phoebe it is

Thanks for getting back to me.

Took my K-60 apart yesterday, bought it used and have no repair manual. Can not figure out how to get the bearings out? Does this require special tools. Sorry youre talking to dummy 101. Maylo.

Auto parts stores will have a pulley puller
          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Good idea toolaholic. My mechanic pulled a bearing out of my old satellite dish so he could probably do it. I guess my question is, "Is that what has to be done or has anyone done it at home on their own?" Sounds like bearings are going to be a maintenance thing, so I guess I am wondering what everybody else does? Thanks

you could do it at home with some basic tools, a punch and bearing driver/ aka a piece of pipe. need locktite and some grease while it's apart.

here is the pdf link to the parts break down.

the 2 bearings are metric and i have the specs for them in another book. will have to get them posted too.

the bearing trade # is a 6206 get a double sealed bearing. it's dimensions are 30mm id for the shaft hole x 62mm od x 16mm wide.

buy a quality set of bearings as you don't want to do this again anytime soon.

also when adjusting the clutch, use a piece of 3/4'' copper/ 7/8'' od to set the clutch perfectly centered in the drive cone/ idler cone. if it's not centered you will wear it and lose a lot of power.
              Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 04-20-2014, 04:31 PM. Reason: bearing install specs.
              phoebe it is