K60 makes it too easy.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K60 makes it too easy.

Screw getting a drum or dreel into all this. Gotta have more than one machine.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140824_112744441_1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	93.2 KB
ID:	18901

Name:	IMG_20140824_111727387_1.jpg
Size:	100.4 KB
ID:	18902

Name:	IMG_20140824_112433862_1.jpg
Size:	152.7 KB
ID:	18903
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

"You know where you are? Your in the jungle baby!"

Comment

No innercore first cable ben?

yes, tight access is where it really shines along with roofs.

Rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

No, beach house. Cameraed a lateral 2 houses down and it's 4" clay to the city about 50'.
        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

• PLUMBER RICK
          PLUMBER RICK commented
          Editing a comment
          K60 did the job and still made it to Phoebe's birthday on time.

Rick.

Name:	image_19245.jpg
Size:	234.1 KB
ID:	19245

At a dog kennel and another plumber tried for 2 hours to clear a line with a 1065. Called it done and gave an estimate to replace the line.

I got the call and cleared the line with a 3" four bladed cutter, removing a handful of bedding scraps. 45 minutes start to finish.
        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

ben, ive worked at many dog pounds, but was not smart enough to stuff pop corn into my ears. keeps the barking down to a minimum.

why no guide hose? join the crowd.

Rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

It was all sidewalk.
            Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

I rarely ever use the guide hose, unless very unkept lawn or bushes real close by that get in the cable.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloPlumber View Post
                I rarely ever use the guide hose, unless very unkept lawn or bushes real close by that get in the cable.

Bushes ??? Unkept lawn ??? We don't have those in basements Thought the guide tube saved bearings or does this only apply to the 1500 ?

Comment

Probably just the 1500. I use the guide hose maybe 1% of the time on the k60. Only time I see a possible issue is when there is about 6" of cable left in the rear and machine running will cause the cable to whip around if the machine is left running. Adding another cable will stop it from whipping .

a key to bearing life is keeping the bearings dry, clean and sealed. Of course wet bearings and freezing weather is probably not a good combination.

in the 7 years of running my k60 hard, ive only changed 3 sets of bearings and typically its really only the rear pulley bearing that shows wear/ play.

I did a bearing change for my buddy last week on his 3 year old original k60. After the changeout, he commented how the k60 came back to life with full power and little noise.

easiest way to check for bearing wear is to remove the clutch cover and grab the pully.If the pully wobbles or has any play, the bearing is wearing out.

Rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
                    Lot of outside cleanouts and house traps here. Bushes ??? Unkept lawn ??? We don't have those in basements Thought the guide tube saved bearings or does this only apply to the 1500 ?

Comment

• BuffaloPlumber
                      BuffaloPlumber commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Lots of outside cleanouts and house traps here.
                  Working...
                  X