K-60/K60 - Problem, broken jawset bands

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
    Yes Rick we are real busy, as always. Busy fixing machines and clearing sewers. Right now my help is busy trying to pull a broken cable. The cables seem to brake all the time now days. Wish they would go back to the old cable with the wire core...ugggg fixitright I called someone at AJ Colman, not sure what his name was. Got another jaw for the K-60 in case my help wants to use it again. I`m now stocking an extra one. Just like the brushes and armachers for the K-7500. I look like a Ridgid parts house anymore. As far as all the crap you have Rick, it just means you waste to much money for a one man shop...lol I have 2 jetters, one`s really big (much bigger than any of your toys) and one not so big. 1 K-60, 1 K-50, 3 drill machines, 2 380`s that havent been used in like 5 years and 3 K-7500. My machines run 7 days a week when they work. So whats your point of posting how much of what you have when you are only a 1 man shop Rick? I buy my machines to work, not sit in the shop

You need to throw that 60 in the trash and get some Spartan cable for that 7500.

Nice to see the girls are back

Comment

So the Spartan cable is pretty good? We run 3/4 IC
      http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
        So the Spartan cable is pretty good? We run 3/4 IC

IMO it can't be beat. You should try the .66 magnum cable. It's $$$ but my Spartan rep has always given me a buy 4 get one free deal.

Comment

I don't think .66 cable will work in the 7500 the auto feed etc.
          Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Originally posted by Cuda View Post
            I don't think .66 cable will work in the 7500 the auto feed etc.

Didn't think it would be that tight/intolerant. It runs 5/8" and 3/4".

5/8" is .625.

Etc...???
            Last edited by AssTyme; 12-06-2016, 07:58 PM.

Comment

etc. meant I was in a hurry and could not look at the cables, I have 66 here and a k7500 and will look at a new cable tomorrow I just dont think it will really work right, the anchor point and the tight wind of the cable are my thoughts.
              Seattle Drain Service

Comment

I believe redwood uses 11/16 in his 7500 but i may be mistaken. 11/16 is .6875 in diameter so just a tad bigger than .66. it should work.

dcd makes decent 3/4 but i have broken a few of their cables while attempting to manhandle massive roots. i have never broken roto rooter brand cable and 11/16 hc lasts me about 6 months. I do around 6 sewers a day and work in wichita so in theory we deal with the same types of roots, flat orangeburg and bad offsets every other job. maybe give duracable a try? im pretty sure they offer aircraftwire ic cables instead of that puny limp noodle ic other brands seem to like.

what part of ks do you work out of?
                -Byron

Comment

We are out of Hutchinson. I tried duracable once. Once was enough for me. And duracable wont stand behind their cable. I use it on 2 jobs and on the 3rd one it came out and wadded up like a big nasty hairball.

Comment

Maybe we should make a new Topic about the cables. This one was about the K-60 broken clutch bands.

Comment

Working...
                    X