K60 on the way

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K60 on the way

I've been lurking around here for quite awhile watching what you guys catch with your K60 machines. Was going at a sewer this morning when my Speedrooter 90 cable snapped. The cable was five years old so I new it was near its end. Had to call my buddy in with his K1500 to finish the job and get the sewer opened up.

Pulled out a three foot log of roots, should have taken a picture but it was a really short basement with a part dirt floor. This sealed my decision to get the k60. It would have been much easier than lugging the drum down the narrow stairs.

I hope I made a good decision, it's tough to make a change after 22 years of drum only sewers.

I really like how the 1500 grabbed the roots, my drum machine would have never brought that many roots back.

Called up Aj Coleman and ordered up a k60 kit with extra cable set and a new cable for the Speedrooter. They are great to deal with and got everything sent out today. Should receive it tomorrow.

I'll post my first catch with the k60. Shouldn't be long as we've cleaning a lot of roots lately.

Why didn't you get the 1500?

Comment

Originally posted by fixitright View Post
      Why didn't you get the 1500?
      I think I can use the k60 in more situations. I service some factory's where the urinals are always clogging. Figured 5/8 cable and the k60 will do a better job than my k40. There are a lot of places it is a pain to drag in a big machine. I did order a new cable for the Speedrooter with the k60 just in case I need it.

Comment

The K-60 is no 1500.

5 years old? How many sewers do you clean per year?

Comment

I realize the k60 is no 1500, but I think it will be much more useful with its small size. Especially when taking on flat roofs through a small hatch. As plumbing is our main thing, we clean sewers as they come. Could be five a month, could be twenty. I've been using a drum machine for the last twenty two years or so and some spots are just too tight for it.

Comment

Too tight for a speed rooter is pretty damn small. Hope the k60 wotks out for you and meets your needs.
            -Byron

Comment

Used the k60 for the first time today. Didn't really get to put it through its paces as it ended up being the city main was plugged. It was nice to know exactly how far we ran out. Didn't like having to pull the cable back though. I'm not writing it off yet though.

The manhole wasn't full but this main was about two foot up from the bottom of the hole. Had my apprentice jump in and shine a light in the six inch main. He could see a big root intrusion in their main. Called the city and they brought out the big jetter truck and pulled a lot of roots back.

Comment

Wait till you get that baby stuck a bit.
                You will learn to use the machine to help get it out.
                Long runs can wear you out pulling back.

I keep one in the truck but it's not my go to machine.
                Time is a great learner.

The K-60 has made me lots of money.
                Good luck.
                Last edited by fixitright; 02-08-2017, 10:23 PM.

Comment

The county jail called this morning. Cell c toilet was backing up into the shower. The k60 fit in the tight opening into the area behind the cells easily.
                  The jail is on the third floor of our county building. I had to go out 75' to get it opened up. 75' of open wind cable seems really heavy pulling all of it straight up three floors on the way back out!

Comment

Originally posted by Ketadams View Post
                    The county jail called this morning. Cell c toilet was backing up into the shower. The k60 fit in the tight opening into the area behind the cells easily.
                    The jail is on the third floor of our county building. I had to go out 75' to get it opened up. 75' of open wind cable seems really heavy pulling all of it straight up three floors on the way back out!

Nothing else tied into that stack on the lower levels?

Comment

Another angel just got her wings
                      ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
                      X