No announcement yet.

Appreciate Your Thoughts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm with you Rick. 55Lbs is nothing, you guys need to hit the weight room. I throw my roll of 7/8 cable on to a roof and that weighs more.

Comment

Originally posted by Drain-slayer View Post
      I'm with you Rick. 55Lbs is nothing, you guys need to hit the weight room. I throw my roll of 7/8 cable on to a roof and that weighs more.

If you were to throw your reel of 7/8" cable on my $8,000.00 roof you would never be back and might even get an early exit

Comment

My 130' 11/16 reel weighs over 100lbs and I can carry it down awkward stairs that require me to take the machine apart with no problem. I have also hauled it onto a flat roof top to clear a line. I'm not the strongest guy around either. I weigh 140lbs and an 6' tall. If my scrawny *** can do it so can anyone elae
        -Byron

Comment

Decided that Gear Junkie is right and just keep the forum nice. Thanks.
          Last edited by BobsPlumbing; 02-15-2018, 04:03 PM.

Comment

• PLUMBER RICK
            PLUMBER RICK commented
            Editing a comment
            i guarantee you that i've shoveled my fair share since age 13. but I've gotten away from shoveling as it's not fair to my customers to charge them my rates to shovel dirt. So i ask them to hire their gardner if the job calls for it. Plus i own 2 ditch witch machines and 2 compactors. but we're not talking ditch digging.

There are times when i will just rope the machine and cable up to the roof. probably less than 25% of the time will i need to rope the equipment up, but it's simple as i pre string it before i get on the ladder and can also lower it down. i use nylon lifting slings over rope. much easier to use and grip.

7/8'' i carry 90' inside a cage, including 15' of innercore. c-10 hollow core is 9.5# per 15'.

1.25'' i carry 50-60' of innercore inside a cage. yes, 10' including some 1 of a kind innercore cables standard c-11 is 16# per 15' section not sure what 10' innercore weighs.

working by myself has taught me it doesn't take an army to get things done. It' takes skills, knowledge and experiance. even 100 gallon heaters is a 1 man job for me.

Rick.
            Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 02-15-2018, 12:25 AM.

So let me ask this, with this machine would there be any point in carrying 7/8 cable at all since 1.25" is an option?
          -Byron

Comment

7/8'' will still fit 2'' and 3'' with offsets. 1.25'' is not designed for 2'' and 3'' can get tight with 90's. Sure 7/8'' can do 4'' with roots and 6'' with some roots, But if i know I'm fishing for sharks, I'm not using my 20# test when I have a rod and reel that's 90# test. yes snaking lines is like fishing.

Rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

So we don't climb on roofs out here but it seems like quite a few of you do. Ever have any issus with insurance (yours and theirs) or with OSHA which has all kinds of laws about ladders, roofs and such? I heard that an OSHA inspector fined a drain cleaner a few grand for being on a roof without having a harness on and his ladder wasn't proper and his extension cord wasn't grounded.
              sigpic

Comment

Now were Really off subject.

So when is this machine coming out?
                Is it being field tested now by real drain cleaners?

Good Luck Ridgid!

Comment

• Rob D
                  Rob D commented
                  Editing a comment
                  We are still in the R&D phase, so I don't want to comment on a launch date yet. But we have units currently out in the field being tested by real drain cleaners. I'm always looking for more beta testers, so if you're interesting, let me know!

Also what is this thing going to be called is that yet to be determined? I was planning on buying a k60 soon but with this thing coming out there doesn't seem to be much of a point. I'm shifting focus to include. More plumbing and it would be nice to drop the sled off at the shop to add some floor space in my van. I take the journeyman's test early march.
                -Byron

Comment

• PLUMBER RICK
                  PLUMBER RICK commented
                  Editing a comment
                  The Rick-55 has a nice ring to it. Especially if it debuts on 4-5 when I turn 55.

Rick

• Rob D
                  Rob D commented
                  Editing a comment
                  We are still in the R&D phase, so I can't comment on a launch date yet. But I wouldn't let it stop you from picking up a K-60 in the meantime.

As for a name, we are running with 5208 - 5000 will be our new series of sectional machines, and the machine will be capable of cleaning 2"-8" lines. The goal is to have nomenclature that can quickly tell you which machine is right for your demands.

Good luck on your Journeyman's test!

Originally posted by Rob D View Post
                Thanks for the feedback everyone! I really appreciate the discussion. I am removing the original post to help limit the exposure of the new unit (although I am well aware of caching and internet archive). Hope you got a screenshot when you had the chance!

Thanks again and I look forward to seeing many of you next week.
                I missed the first posting.

Any chance of a picture being posted again?

What price range will be attached to this model.

Comment

So what did I miss? For the last few months I was helping my father, taking him to doctors appointments , cancer treatments, and tons of other stuff while trying to keep our company going. As most know by now, my father past last month on the 16th, so after a few weeks of helping my mom, I finally got things somewhat back to normal. So I will have more time to spend on the forums to learn from you all, and share my thoughts as well.
                  Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                  Ron's Facebook
                  A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                  Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                  Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

• rooterboy
                    rooterboy commented
                    Editing a comment
                    SewerRatz sorry for the loss of your father, welcome back

Ron, I got to test drive the new 5208. pretty much a k60 with beefed up motor that spins both 7/8'' and 1.25'' sectional cables. I like it and it will replace the k-60 on my truck as the footprint is just slightly larger in size and weight. looking forward to when its released for sale.

Rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                    Ron, I got to test drive the new 5208. pretty much a k60 with beefed up motor that spins both 7/8'' and 1.25'' sectional cables. I like it and it will replace the k-60 on my truck as the footprint is just slightly larger in size and weight. looking forward to when its released for sale.

Rick.
                    Thank you for the reply Rick.

Oh nice, like the Rothenberger R750. It spins the 7/8 and 1 1/4 cable with no changes to the jaws, and you can snap in a collet in the front to spin 5/8" cable as well. I really hope to soon, if Ridgid came out with a machine like this 5 years or so ago, I'd have two of them by now.
                    Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                    Ron's Facebook
                    A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                    Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                    Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

• PLUMBER RICK
                      PLUMBER RICK commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Not set up for 5/8" cable. It runs both 7/8" and 1.25" cable. 3/4 hp motor.

5/8" I still use my k50 or drill.

I rarely use my k60 with 5/8" cable. Found it too powerful for the smaller cable and too bulky for the area's I use it. Such as inside showers, on top of laundry machines and inside cabinets. The 50 does perfect for those applications.

Rick.

• SewerRatz
                      SewerRatz commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                      Not set up for 5/8" cable. It runs both 7/8" and 1.25" cable. 3/4 hp motor.

5/8" I still use my k50 or drill.

I rarely use my k60 with 5/8" cable. Found it too powerful for the smaller cable and too bulky for the area's I use it. Such as inside showers, on top of laundry machines and inside cabinets. The 50 does perfect for those applications.

Rick.
                      Rick the R750 only does the 5/8 if you snap in the collet into the front where the jaw set is. Then you can do the 5/8. They even made a collet so you can spin 3/8 with the R750 I never had a problem with the power and the R750 spinning the 5/8 cable for sink lines.
                  Working...
                  X