X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: k-60 sewer machine

Start a new thread and you might get better response.
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Just bought a k-60 r66497 after having ongoing drain problems for the last 20+ years. I hired 2 different companies in the last 3 mos. to clear the drains in my and my daughter's houses. I was so dissatisfied I decided to do it myself.

I read this forum for a couple weeks and decided on the k-60.

Reading the manuals and watching clips on the site.

Any advice before I start? We have an easy access cleanout. And the full length of the house is 65' to main.

Comment

i haven't used mine yet but i'm interested in how it goes for you.

Comment

We have lived in this house for over 20 years and the washer has always come up in the kitchen sink. We have had the drain cleaned at least a dozen times when it got to where the sink would overflow on to the floor during rinse cycles.

i have 7/8 cable and couldn't get it to go through the undersink access which is all the way on the uphill side of the drain system.

So I went up on the roof and figured I'd run 4 sections, 60 ft. Hit an obstruction at about 30 ft. Hooked on to an old cable someone had broken off in there! Pulled it out with the extractor.

I think I need different augers. I used the 101 straight bit and had a little trouble getting it in at first. I think the pipe is 2" but maybe only 1.5???

Maybe I will pick up one of the little sink units like the k39 or something and clean all the little drains around the houses too.

Comment

Sell the machine. You need a plumber.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by paul hopkins View Post

Any advice before I start?
              Call a Pro or even a plumber before you cut off your arm or even you head
              http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
                Call a Pro or even a plumber before you cut off your arm or even you head

LOL!

Those K-60's

worse than a mass murderer I say!
                Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Maybe I will pick up one of the little sink units like the k39 or something and clean all the little drains around the houses too.
                  Hey I got an Idea If you really want to kill yourself get a K-7500 and "STAND ON IT"

It may look easy to ya but your fixing to know a Dr. on first name bases

Comment

We have lived in this house for over 20 years and the washer has always come up in the kitchen sink. We have had the drain cleaned at least a dozen times when it got to where the sink would overflow on to the floor during rinse cycles.

i have 7/8 cable and couldn't get it to go through the undersink access which is all the way on the uphill side of the drain system.

So I went up on the roof and figured I'd run 4 sections, 60 ft. Hit an obstruction at about 30 ft. Hooked on to an old cable someone had broken off in there! Pulled it out with the extractor.

I think I need different augers. I used the 101 straight bit and had a little trouble getting it in at first. I think the pipe is 2" but maybe only 1.5???

i would buy a cage of 5/8'' sectional cable for the k-60 and you'll be good to go. 1.5'' and 2'' should be cleaned with 5/8''. although i have had good luck with 7/8'' in a 2'' line, it's not a good choice to use.

the straight auger t101 for 7/8'' is a great choice. so is the 4 blade cutter and the spiral root saw. i also like the bulb auger on the 5/8''.

the k-39 is great for tubs and lav drains through the pop up and tub overflow.

the ones giving you a hard time are not sectional users and have no idea how much safer a sectional machine is over a drum machine

make me proud with your k-60 impressionator

rick.
                    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post

the ones giving you a hard time are not sectional users and have no idea how much safer a sectional machine is over a drum machine

rick.
                      Rick it has nothing to do with any type of machine one uses. you really need to get over that one
                      I have used sectional many times. It`s about one stepping over ones trade just like a handy man saying WOW I can install that water heater as I`ve seen plumbers do it and it looks easy.
                      I can charge my AC unit but I wouldn`t do it for anyone else as it`s out of my plumbing trade. I can roof my house but there again it`s out of my trade and I wouldn't do it for someone else as I`m in the plumbing trade. I can and have built a house but you know the rest of the story
                      Many people that thought cleaning a sewer looked easy and are missing fingers and so on. Just because one buy`s a second hand machine doesn't make then know what they are doing.
                      News flash for ya I did not start All Clear Sewer I bought it from a guy that bought it out thinking he could do it part time when he was not mowing lawns.
                      Guess what???? He`s back to mowing lawns and wants nothing to do with sewers after trying it for a short time of 6 months. I had him do some work for me one day and I told him he better learn what he`s doing before he kills himself. 6 Months later I bought him out.
                      You cant do drain cleaning part time and be worth a crap <--- Joke....rotflmao
                      You have to have a plumbing background and understand how a drain system works of your just another HACK in the world of service.!

If he bought a machine just to clear a line that clogs all the time, It`s time to call someone in that knows what they are looking at and figure out "Why the line is always stopping up"
                      You know like a real sewer guy or a real plumber
                      Last edited by All Clear Sewer; 08-22-2008, 01:13 AM.

Comment

I have been a construction worker for over 30 years. I did plenty of homework before buying this machine and read all the manuals, followed safety precautions and my drains all work better now than they have in over 20 years.

I am not a cheapskate by any means. I paid many different drain cleaning companies good money to clean my drains over the years and none were as successful than I just was.

My good friend is a plumber and he installed new sink, shower and toilet supply and drains in a rent house for me. But he doesn't do drain cleaning.

I spent quite a bit of money on the k-60 and plan to use it only on my own houses. No plans to try and enter the drain cleaning business.

I am proud to be a hard working intelligent American and if the "men" who came to steal my hard earned cash with their shabby craftsmanship had done a good job I would have been a life lone customer.

Such was not the case so rather than sit in the corner and cry about it I decided to do it my self.

btw, I tried a k-40 and decided against it.

I'll be getting a reel of 5/8 and a bulb auger next. And then a k-39.

My wife was ecstatic when she did a load of laundry. For the first time in 20 years absolutely no water came up in the kitchen. All the sinks and the tub drain instantly now too.

Comment

I did a washer line today and the H/O kept telling me Roto Rooter did it from out side last time.
                          I told her that was fine but I`m doing it from the Washer to the outside C/O.
                          2 hours later she said WOW it`s never drained like that!
                          I told her it`s because she has never had a Plumber clean it before!
                          It`s all in who you call out to get your service from. Big world wide names = problems every time as the Tech is not taking pride in his work
                          He`s got a ball game after work or has to meet his buddys at the bar

Comment

[quote=All Clear Sewer;168112]Rick it has nothing to do with any type of machine one uses. you really need to get over that one
                            it really does as the sectional uses a clutch to control the cable rotation.
                            we all know that if your 3/4'' drum with 100' of cable is spinning, and you let your foot off the pedal/ air switch, the drum will continue to spin many, many revolutions. lots of built up torque and the potential for the cable to release all that torque at once.

with the sectional and instant acting clutch. once you release the clutch handle, the cable will stop spinning and there is no more forward spinning torque. only a slight potential for any reverse built up torque.

I have used sectional many times. It`s about one stepping over ones trade just like a handy man saying WOW I can install that water heater as I`ve seen plumbers do it and it looks easy.
                            I can charge my AC unit but I wouldn`t do it for anyone else as it`s out of my plumbing trade. I can roof my house but there again it`s out of my trade and I wouldn't do it for someone else as I`m in the plumbing trade. I can and have built a house but you know the rest of the story
                            Many people that thought cleaning a sewer looked easy and are missing fingers and so on. Just because one buy`s a second hand machine doesn't make then know what they are doing.
                            News flash for ya I did not start All Clear Sewer I bought it from a guy that bought it out thinking he could do it part time when he was not mowing lawns.
                            Guess what???? He`s back to mowing lawns and wants nothing to do with sewers after trying it for a short time of 6 months. I had him do some work for me one day and I told him he better learn what he`s doing before he kills himself. 6 Months later I bought him out.
                            You cant do drain cleaning part time and be worth a crap <--- Joke....rotflmao

You have to have a plumbing background and understand how a drain system works of your just another HACK in the world of service.!

this i agree on especially with sewer cameras. anyone can push a camera into a line. but only a qualified plumber can properly diagnose the real issues.

90% of the videos i watch from other companies are truly useless. no footage, notes, narration, flags/paint. just a very boring silent movie.

then how about the 75% that never provide a video tape

[/quote]

allclear, have you ever been to a rental yard, home depot and see how many machines they have available for rent?

they are not just renting them to the pros

sure a non pro has a better chance of getting hurt, but they are still going to continue renting machines to the eager homeowner.

i doubt that paul is going into business. he's only doing his own property and i give him credit for it

i have a hand full of accounts that own their own machine. sure they do the gravy, and i get the cr@p.

i am waiting for adam to get into drain cleaning. a plumber that knows construction from the ground up, is going to be the sharpest drain cleaner out there adam, can you hear what i'm saying

rick.
                            phoebe it is

Comment

I have been a construction worker for over 30 years. I did plenty of homework before buying this machine and read all the manuals, followed safety precautions and my drains all work better now than they have in over 20 years.

I am not a cheapskate by any means. I paid many different drain cleaning companies good money to clean my drains over the years and none were as successful than I just was.

My good friend is a plumber and he installed new sink, shower and toilet supply and drains in a rent house for me. But he doesn't do drain cleaning.

I spent quite a bit of money on the k-60 and plan to use it only on my own houses. No plans to try and enter the drain cleaning business.

I am proud to be a hard working intelligent American and if the "men" who came to steal my hard earned cash with their shabby craftsmanship had done a good job I would have been a life lone customer.

Such was not the case so rather than sit in the corner and cry about it I decided to do it my self.

btw, I tried a k-40 and decided against it.

I'll be getting a reel of 5/8 and a bulb auger next. And then a k-39.

My wife was ecstatic when she did a load of laundry. For the first time in 20 years absolutely no water came up in the kitchen. All the sinks and the tub drain instantly now too.
                              paul, i give you all the credit you deserve

you did your homework and made a very intelligent choice in your assessment of machines. i'm amazed at your level of knowledge in sorting out the machines

my buddy just moved to oregon and will be getting a k-60 too

he was a drum man for 30 years and i know the k-60 has made a good impression on him when we would share work.

stick around and join the fun. this is better than sextional

rick.
                              phoebe it is

Comment

All people should take pride in their work no matter what it is. I live in Eugene Oregon which is infested with hippies and ne'er do wells. Apparently they have infiltrated the drain cleaning industry.

If I knew a good plumber who would clean drains he'd have had a customer in me. But the reality for me is I am on my own.

I have been painting for over 30 years and everybody and their grandma has a painting business now. We have moved in to industrial blasting and specialty coating because we can't compete with the lowball shitty work out their.

Once again, I only want to work on my own houses. So I hope the plumbers here won't going to turn against me if I have questions in the future.

Paul Hopkins
                                http://www.fighting.org

Comment

Working...
                                X