k-60 sewer machine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: k-60 sewer machine

JCsPlumbing, the house was built in 1945 but has been remodeled over the years. And I know the newer washers push more volume on draining. We have a extra large capacity Amana.

One plumber suggested doing smaller loads or using a device to reduce the drain pressure. But cleaning the lines seems to have done the trick. I better crawl under the house and see if we have a lake before celebrating. My wife would kill me.

There are roof vents at each drain location, baths, kitchen, and washer

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
      has your drum ever run back wards at 5 times the speed and want to take off flying? i know my 7500 does that with my permission.
      Nope sure hasn't I guess we know who is the better machine operator
      http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Glad you got it corrected Paul.

Stick around and put in your 2 cents on building, business, & politics. We might even let you have an honarary "plumbers opinion" once in a while.

J.C.

Comment

I would be interested in seeing a drum machine which does not relieve the torque built up in a cable by running backwards when powered off. The only one I can think of would be one which has never hit a hard stoppage. Simple physics tells you that the tension stored in a over-stressed cable has to relieve the torque some where. If not by running in reverse when you power off then where?

Mark
          "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

[
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by PLUMBER RICK
            has your drum ever run back wards at 5 times the speed and want to take off flying? i know my 7500 does that with my permission.
            quote=All Clear Sewer;168226]Nope sure hasn't I guess we know who is the better machine operator [/quote]

once again, i guess you have no idea what a drum machine is based on.

it's a machine with low speed and high torque. so it cuts via built up torque. not high speed.

there is no way that you cut every last root without building up torque or having the machine bear down.

you can't tell me that you've managed to cut through every stoppage on your first attempt. that the machine has never loaded up so much that it never has run backwards when you step off the foot switch.

you have got to be kidding me and the rest of the pros who know machines.

i guess i just broke the myth who is the more knowledgeable operator.

please tell me you're not serious that you've never had your drum spin backwards when it's torqued up.

then how did you break and ruin all your cables you've posted about.

you can b.s. a customer, but not a pro

rick.
            Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 08-23-2008, 12:02 AM.
            phoebe it is

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
                I guess we know who is the better machine operator.
                Yeah, obviously NOT YOU!
                Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Come on rocky, throw the final uppercut--finish him!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  Id like to see this one keep going between u 2--if u do for atleast 20 more posts, ill nominate it as post of the week

Comment

Originally posted by Service Guy View Post
                    Yeah, obviously NOT YOU!
                    Cany you explain why that is?

Comment

Cany you explain why that is?
                      Read post number #49 by Mark.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                        [
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by PLUMBER RICK once again, i guess you have no idea what a drum machine is based on.

it's a machine with low speed and high torque. so it cuts via built up torque. not high speed.

there is no way that you cut every last root without building up torque or having the machine bear down.

you can't tell me that you've managed to cut through every stoppage on your first attempt. that the machine has never loaded up so much that it never has run backwards when you step off the foot switch.

you have got to be kidding me and the rest of the pros who know machines.

i guess i just broke the myth who is the more knowledgeable operator.

please tell me you're not serious that you've never had your drum spin backwards when it's torqued up.

then how did you break and ruin all your cables you've posted about.

you can b.s. a customer, but not a pro

rick.
                        Guess I`ll have to find time to set up a video just for you Rick so you can see how it`s really done.

My help broke the cable not me and when he broke it the machine didn't turn backwards

I let off before it spins faster backwards then it does forwards

Wasn't it Ben that said he had the cable on a K-60 backspin around his arm???
                        I`m not gonna go look it up but I do remember someone saying that a few months back.
                        I would much rather have a drum spin backwards faster the it does forward then have a cable wrap around any part of my body

Comment

Originally posted by Service Guy View Post
                          Read post number #49 by Mark.
                          It really doesn't matter to me what Mark or anyone thinks...
                          I am the Drum Master and I have $1000 cash here for the taking for the first guy that can show me up on real world sewer cleaning.
                          now that should get the Indians in an uproar.
                          Quick drum guys get the service trucks in a circle I think their coming over the hill ....
                          sectional guys are so sensitive
                          Last edited by All Clear Sewer; 08-23-2008, 03:12 PM.

Comment

It really doesn't matter to me what Mark or anyone thinks...
                            I am the Drum Master and I have $1000 cash here for the taking for the first guy that can show me up on real world sewer cleaning.
                            now that should get the Indians in an uproar.
                            Quick drum guys get the service trucks in a circle I think their coming over the hill ....
                            For the record I still believe both styles of machine have their uses and it really more about personal preferences. However, this debate is something which has been going on since before the Roundup. As a matter of fact I believe this debate was part of the reason for planning the Roundup. The only real question now is when and where and who will actually show up? The sad part is the Ridgid school house would made the perfect location but I don't believe it will be offered up. Since we've already traveled to the Roundup why don't you travel here and the West Coast crew will host it?

Mark

Comment

I know if I needed to hire a Professional drain-cleaner, I'd be much more comfortable hiring a guy who was experienced and talented with BOTH drums and sectionals. To me, a guy who only used only one or the other, shows his obvious limitations as drain-cleaner.

The whole sectional vs. drum thing is dumb, because obviously BOTH types of cable machines have their merits in different situations.

The best drain-cleaners have BOTH machines in their arsenal (to quote Mark).

Comment

Wow it looks like we were posting at the same time. I'm thinking there really needs to be two competitions. The first one should be limited to Rick with his K-60 and Steve with his K-7500. Since they both seem to be the ones always in the middle of the debate we could try and put that one to rest. The second competition should be open to everyone and as Steve suggests be a real world challenge. Meaning each participant should bring every piece of drain cleaning equipment the own and we will see who scores the highest with their variety of equipment.

Mark

Comment

Working...
                                X