X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: k-60 sewer machine

Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
    I am the Drum Master .
    Perhaps had you attended the Roundup you might have been but for now PlumbersCrack is the Sectional Master and SteamOperator is the Drum Master. We will have to wait until next year to see if those titles hold.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

My cable, is bigger than your cable! Hmmpht!

I'd love to see the mess a 5/8" sectional would of made on an 1.5" galvanized drain I cleared yesterday.

Was the blackest crap I've ever seen, horrible.

First of all, running 5/8" knowing how hardened that stuff could be would of been so time consuming it wouldn't be funny, pushing my last two calls even deeper into the evening.

When you got the job finally done, how far would you have to push all that sludge to get it to a larger pipe?

How do you think that cable looks when it's pulled back out when you have no way to run water over it while still in the drain?

Here's the real kicker that is a complexity in just mentioning:

You take a 5/8" cable down that drain, you get it open, doesn't clog now for years.

IF I run 1/4" open hook, I get it open fairly good, suggest replacement of the pipe to fix the problem, not the symptoms and everyone is happy.

If I thoroughly clean that pipe so good, how does the homeowner really and truly know that, other than the repetitiveness of the recurring clog.

They know the drain needs replacement.

Clean the pipe so darn good, you shoot yourself in the foot, they don't call you back for years instead of months, they forget who you are because it has been so long. <<< That's happened already and short of direct mail expenditures, there's no way to stop it.

I'm just rambling but there's two sides to this coin, one is to appease and feel good about your task, the other is realizing the true fact that something caused that pipe to clog, why would you want to make it something that pays once every 3 years, instead of once a year?

Somewhere in the logic above, there's not exactly deception being played out, but the true reality that the condition of that pipe is out of your control...you make it how you want to gauge your income status.

There's a right and a wrong way I suppose.......but wearing a superman cape whether you're a sectional or drum man doesn't change the faulting drain. Food for thought.

Another interpretation of job security using defective piping as the starting point.
      Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Wasn't it Ben that said he had the cable on a K-60 backspin around his arm???
        I`m not gonna go look it up but I do remember someone saying that a few months back.
        I did say that I had a 7/8 cable kink up on me but it was my fault. I had at least 4' between the k60 and the c/o. Dumb mistake but as soon as the handle was let off, it unkinked off my arm. If it was a drum, I would've had to unspin the drum to get it off my arm. Didn't even hurt. Imo if I pulled an 18' root ball out, I would care less what someone thought about my skills. But then again, you do live in the root infested sewer capitol of the world. I could probably pull out a 19' root ball but haven't had the chance.
        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by DUNBAR View Post
          I'd love to see the mess a 5/8" sectional would of made on an 1.5" galvanized drain I cleared yesterday.

First of all, running 5/8" knowing how hardened that stuff could be would of been so time consuming it wouldn't be funny, pushing my last two calls even deeper into the evening.
          Did one yesterday on a 2 story roof, took an hour and a half. I probably would've been done in 1 hour but the pop up drain was down so the water never dropped. It never occured to me to tell the customer something so obvious.
          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
            Perhaps had you attended the Roundup you might have been but for now PlumbersCrack is the Sectional Master and SteamOperator is the Drum Master. We will have to wait until next year to see if those titles hold.

Mark
            I may lose the title of 'Reigning World Champion' of the K-1500 next year

I'm hoping for at least a Bronze medal in this event

I doubt the world record time of 7.78 seconds will fall this decade

Comment

i am now a drum guy by preference--i love my 6200-as it is much easier to haul in and out(on wheels)--i have had my fair share wrestling with cable in bad c/o locations with my 1500, and i dont care who u are, sectional machines make a mess--even if you use the guide you are going to have a mess--for example---when i would clean sewers with the 1500, here was all the stuff to drag in--
              1-- machine
              2--2,3, or 4 cages of heavy cables
              3-drop clothes
              4-toolbox with bits and key
              5-roll or 2 of shop towels--always used to clean mess
              6-bucket for messy towels
              7-rear guide hose
              8-can of lysol for floor after im done

heres what i use to do the same job with my 6200--
              1-- machine--
              2-- bucket to sit on
              3- toolbox with bits
              4--extra drum stays in truck if needed
              point is my job in my area is a hell of a lot easier now with my mess free drummer--when i get back to truck, i pop the plug to drain drum if needed, and i have no mess to clean

i appreciate all clears confidence with drums, as now i have the same, but i do have k50's and 1500's in the shop if needed--and every job is different- since i bought the 6200 i have not touched the 1500, and neither has my guys--i do believe that the 1500 is the most powerful machine on the market and if all others fail, i can count on it--but that job is yet to be seen. i am trying to understand why rick is so crazy about the 60, as it is just a k50 with some restyling and a few improvements-but i guess i feel the same of my 6200--well im not that crazy over it ,yet

Comment

Originally posted by plumberjr View Post
                i am trying to understand why rick is so crazy about the 60, as it is just a k50 with some restyling and a few improvements-but i guess i feel the same of my 6200--well im not that crazy over it ,yet
                if you really think a k-50 and a k-60 are the same, you really need to do your homework.

the only thing that makes them similar is the fact that they can both run 5/8'' sectional cable.

the k-60 will easily cut roots up to 6'' lines. with optional 7/8'' inner core.
                with 5/8'' cable it will do 1.25''-4''. with absolutely no adapters to buy.

your 6200 is rated for 3-6'' cable.

i guess you can then buy a k-3800 drum adapter to run 1/2'' and 3/8'' cable.

so the k-6200 is closer to a k-60.

the k-1500 is closer to a k-7500.

the k-50 is closer to a k-3800.

i guess you didn't notice how dry and clean me and crack stayed at josh's parents house with a sectional k-50 and no rear guide hose.

my clothes and the cardboard were dry and clean and this was in a flat line in a semi commercial kitchen with the water running while i was motoring out the cable.

impressed? or impressionator

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

It really doesn't matter to me what Mark or anyone thinks...
                  I am the Drum Master and I have $1000 cash here for the taking for the first guy that can show me up on real world sewer cleaning.
                  now that should get the Indians in an uproar.
                  Quick drum guys get the service trucks in a circle I think their coming over the hill ....
                  sectional guys are so sensitive
                  lets put this into real perspective.

i took 5 days off and spent good money to attend the round up.

move the bet up to $5,000 and come out here to prove it.

just like i had to while attending the roundup.

then i'll show you real life scenarios.

plus us west coast guys will give you the crack treatment.

in fact if you time it right, josh can even be the unofficial judge

please don't try doing the board buster contest that crack won with your 7500.

you'll end up with a broken cable, and possibly a broken arm.

there's a reason why ridgid chose the 1500 for this contest

rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

I dont have to come out to anywhere to prove anything
                    I am saying it "I Am The Drum Master" and I`m offering the CA$H to anyone to come prove me wrong
                    BTW....Rick I was pounding on my chest while I was saying that

Now what ya got to say Rick

This is really eating at em
                    Last edited by All Clear Sewer; 08-24-2008, 06:33 PM.
                    http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Been there done that?

Comment

not eating at me

just confused as you were the main reason of throwing the roundup in the first place.

as i stated in the prior post, the ones that attended spent good time and money to attend. ridgid spent more than could be imagined and your name was actually posted on the scoreboard.

for myself or others to come to you after you're the one that canceled is ridiculous.

plus visiting disneyland is more exciting than the land of oz.

go tell that to the scarecrow

so for this year, you lost.

next year i'll be waiting, again.

i hope i don't have to copy and paste this then

now that this is off my chest

i'll continue to praise the k-60 impressionator

rick.
                        phoebe it is

Comment

I have to agree, after all the hype between both of you last year, one of you walked the walk and the other only talked the talk. Bill is the reigning Sectional Champion, Larry is the reigning Drum Champion and Rick is the reigning Overall Champion. The Champions have been crowned for this year so we will have to wait to see what happens next year. Now it is time to move on to bigger and better things.

Go Propress!
                          Mark

PS: I apologize to the other Champions for not mentioning you but I don't have my list available.

Comment

In all fairness, I don't think it's right to badger Steve on why he canceled his roundup showing. He had some important matters to attend and if any of us were in his shoes, they would've done the same.
                            Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                              In all fairness, I don't think it's right to badger Steve on why he canceled his roundup showing. He had some important matters to attend and if any of us were in his shoes, they would've done the same.
                              Point taken Ben and of course you are right. However, my understanding is next years Roundup is going to be later in the year. After all of the hype between Rick and Steve for the first Roundup the thought of another year of hype is too overwhelming to think of. So in the fairness to the rest of the site I think the Champions as crowned should stand.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                                not eating at me

just confused as you were the main reason of throwing the roundup in the first place. I really don't think I was the main reason for the round up.

as i stated in the prior post, the ones that attended spent good time and money to attend. ridgid spent more than could be imagined and your name was actually posted on the scoreboard. I`ll bet you I spent more money then all you together and I`m still spending time

for myself or others to come to you after you're the one that canceled is ridiculous. No your thinking that I should have put some fun trip in front of my kids life is just ridiculous!!!!!!

plus visiting disneyland is more exciting than the land of oz.

go tell that to the scarecrow The scarecrow say`s your Chicken and don't want a real world challenge

so for this year, you lost. so far this year you are the BIG CHICKEN

next year i'll be waiting, again. Next year lets see if you can do something from the real world, not staged

I hope I don't have to copy and paste this then

now that this is off my chest

i'll continue to praise the k-60 impressionator

rick.
                                Now who`s man enough to come take $1000. of my money??? I know Ricks not!!!!
                                http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X