X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cord retainer/clip?

Does anybody know where can get the plastic cord retianer thing that holds the switch cord in the junction box of teh BS1400 bandsaw? Don't know what it is called, but here is a pic. Ron
    Attached Files

Re: Cord retainer/clip?

Originally posted by Ronald View Post
    Does anybody know where can get the plastic cord retianer thing that holds the switch cord in the junction box of teh BS1400 bandsaw? Don't know what it is called, but here is a pic. Ron
    Not sure other then stealing it from another tool, but you could replace it with a regular romex conector.

Comment

You should be able to get it at any Ace Hardware store.
      Tell them what you are looking for and they will fix you up.

If not try Lowes or maybe HD. I know that Lowes has them also in the hardware section with the specialty nuts and bolts in the Vidmars.

Oh, Rat Shack would be another place that is sure to have them, plus about 1 million web sites that sell electronic parts.
      ---------------
      Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
      ---------------
      “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
      ---------
      "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
      ---------
      sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

That's a pretty common item. I believe it's called a cord "strain relief". It's found on many appliances, radios, etc. Radio Shack may have them, but if not, check with either your local hardware or electrical supply store.

CWS

Comment

Re: Cord retainer/clip? They are made by HEYCO

they are called HEYCO strain reliefs. You can find them at a good Ace Hardware store in their lighting appliance parts area.

There is also a special tool [of course] to allow you to squeeze the strain relief to fit. You can use a a duck bill pliers or a small needle nose type but be careful.

In original manufactured holes..they are flat on 2 sides
          If you are installing one into a new homemade hole you may want to slightly file two sides flat.

these strain reliefs come in a variety of sizes and styles form flat cable to round cable etc.
          If you are not sure on the correct size take a cable sample with you.

As a last resort, if your local Ace Hardware does not have them try

www.allelectronics.com

For a typical power cord 18/3, 16/3 sj, sjo, sjt
          use a HEYCO # 6n-4 or all electronics sr-70
          cost..10 for $1.50

they also make a pigtail strain relief HEYCO# 1611 all electronics SR7P-7
          Cost $0.65 each

page 88 of the all electronics catalog

And..I do not work for all electronics....

Cactus Man

Comment

Re: Cord retainer/clip? They are made by HEYCO

castusman
            Thank you very much for the help! I had gotten a replacment power cord from Ridgid for my bandsaw but it didn't come with the retainer. When I called, they said didn't know what I was talking about. Now I have the right info to tell them! You would have thought the cord would come with it. Thanks, Ron

Comment

Originally posted by boytyperanma View Post
              Not sure other then stealing it from another tool, but you could replace it with a regular romex conector.
              Hopefully a 1/2 connector will work. You want the kind with a threaded nipple with a lock nut on one side and a clamp on the other. I have this on a cord for my worktable, you only need it tight enough to keep the wire from slipping out.
              "Diplomacy is saying nice dodging until you can find a rock." Will Rogers
              "If a Monkey can do your job, are you in the right profession?

Comment

Working...
              X