X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Just something fun for everyone

As the schematic is drawn, there is an open on the single bulb connected to the + of the battery. That circuit is opened so bulb #1 will not light no matter what. The other 2 bulbs in series will glow at half brightness, the switch is shorted out and won't do a danm thing at any time, open or closed. Lou

Comment

If you look carefully battery #1 has NO load because there's a break in the wiring. No matter what battery #1 and lamp #1 see no electrical flow. Lamps 2 and 3 have jompers across them. When battery #2 is connected and no matter if the switch is open or closed, this battery sees a short circuit and will have very high current flowing through it and thus KaBoom. Lamps 2 and 3 never light or if they do they will be very very dim.

This was a sick joke by me to find out who's paying attention. I'm the one that failed as my drawing is super poor. Maybe sometime I'll post a well done drawing and won't make it a total joke either.

Comment

First you say

It's my totally nutz way of drawing a lamp and YES, I need to fix it right. Now I'm going to post the second picture. None of the lamps have jumpers across them. It's that I'm NO good at drawing this stuff when tired and wanted to draw it fast.
        now you say

Lamps 2 and 3 have jompers across them.
        make up your mind man

what were you smoking when you schetched this?

you're killing me...

Comment

Look at the title of this thread. It's all a big tease.

If you look at my so called lamps they are little coils of wire with a jumper across them. There are NO real lamps at all.

Josh, Please kill this thread ASAP before everything really does go KaBoom. Thanks

Comment

OH MAN, I thought the "shpere's" around the filament of the bulbs were YOUR way of drawing a bulb, not that they were wires that short out the filament of the bulb.........YOU COULD DO BETTER THAN THAT! Yikes......Lou

Comment

A special thanks to everyone that tried to figure out my totally messed up drawing. There really is no exact answer because it would depend on what really gives with the lamps. Are they shorted with a jumper wire, or is it my poor quality drawing. For this thread either would be correct. If there's a next time, I'm gonna work hard and have a well done circuit diagram. I have a good book showing how to do it the proper way. If I do come up with another mess, I'll tell things in detail so you won't be guessing again what I'm up to. I do hope no one tries connecting up my mess. Battery 2 just might blow up and if shorted out would. I don't want anyone getting a nasty KaBoom.

I think it's time for this thread to close down and everyone to take a rest.

Comment

Working...
              X