Ever See One Like This?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ever See One Like This?

I'm sure many of you can figure out what this is so that's not my question. I would like to know if anyone has ever seen one of these like in the picture. How about one of them that actually was operating and doing its thing?
    Attached Files

Re: Ever See One Like This?

that one is early gas driven generator and some do make 32 volt but that one i was looking at it it run 120 v but roughly 3 Kw the most but not sure if that is correct size

Merci , Marc

Comment

It appears to be jsut an old light plant, that was used by many before REA (rural electric association) came in the rural America,

my folks had one, that had the automatic circuit in it, you flip on the light switch, and about 15 seconds later the lights would come on, as it had a electric start on it, They put it in jsut after WW2. there's was 110 volt,

the one shown looks like a it could be a 32 volt unit that would have either charged batteries, when the wind charger could not keep up or in place of the wind charger.
      Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
      attributed to Samuel Johnson
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Originally posted by BHD View Post
        my folks had one, that had the automatic circuit in it, you flip on the light switch, and about 15 seconds later the lights would come on, as it had a electric start on it, They put it in jsut after WW2. there's was 110 volt

OMG just how old are you BHD??

Comment

Ever See One Like This?

OK everyone, take a good look at the pictures and try to tell me if you have ever seen the same brand and type of items before. Can you tell me what they are and would be used for?

Good luck and post away. I edited the pictures to blank out nameplate info. I want people to think and come up with what these are. Both are at a good friend's shop and they do work. They are older than either of us, but not as old as both of us combined.
          Attached Files

Comment

Weston ammeters
            I've got half a dozen or so...

Comment

Newman has it and both of them are older than me. I didn't hatch yesterday. LOL

Comment

Working...
              X