Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Turning power off at meter

This how I understand it.
    "on agricultural property or rural property", many times you have the meter and the "distribution disconnect", and that is not considered the main service panel, and each building that comes off the distribution point is considered to have it own main panel, not a sub panel. It is my understanding it falls under the NEC 250.32 (B)(2)
    which basically allows for no ground wire being ran if there is not any Parallel grounding return paths,
    (example: I will use my farm, I have a meter pole that is part of my distribution system, some takes off from there to the granaries, and then some goes the opposite direction to a pole that that feeds the house the metal shop, the well, generator shed, the wood shop, a total of 6 buildings, each building is treated as it own and has it own service panel, not sub panels, at the pole there is a utility provided distribution disconnect, not a service disconnect, it is similar as if it was a small community where a number of houses are feed off of one utility transformer, the difference is there is only one metering point, on mine instead of at each building as in the community,
    Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
    attributed to Samuel Johnson
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Re: Turning power off at meter

Your last post is an exact description of what I have.

Comment

Working...
      X