X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bathroom wiring in tub wall

Hello. I'm in the beginning stages (It’s been almost a year now…or has it been 2…) of replacing a fiberglass tub/shower enclosure with a cast iron tub.

I have some questions concerning the existing wiring along the back wall and end of the tub. In the pic below you can see the wiring running to a living room outlet and then it continues to a hallway light switch.

1) Is it O.K. to leave the outlet and light switch box where they are? The cast iron tub will be behind the outlet and I will be installing tile on the walls.

2) Aside from the normal installation of a cast iron tub and wall tile do I need to do anything special because of the existing electrical wiring?

Last edited by EiBWeN; 06-15-2007, 02:53 AM. Reason: Can't spell.

Re: Bathroom wiring in tub wall

No need to change the wiring. The only thing I would suggest is put up some nail plates to protect the wires where they penetrate the studs.

Comment

Wires are fine just install stud nail plates so you don't run dry wall screw into your wires, and be sure to replace that old tub faucet before you put wall back up.

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
        No need to change the wiring. The only thing I would suggest is put up some nail plates to protect the wires where they penetrate the studs.
        O.K., will do.

Originally posted by freddy View Post
        Wires are fine just install stud nail plates so you don't run dry wall screw into your wires, and be sure to replace that old tub faucet before you put wall back up.
        Yes, I have a new tub/shower valve to put in.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
        X