Can you ID this schematic?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Can you ID this schematic?

Davet has it correct everyone. The schematic and first group of pictures are of a Simpson 260 series 2. The next group showing only the insides are of the origional Simpson 260 series 1. Simpson didn't mark the series 1 or 2 as such, but there are ways to tell them. My all time favorate is the 260-6P for a standard 260 and I really like the XL series which have low power resistance ranges and special ranges for Voltage and current. The current 260-8 is nice but I really hate the stupid pin jacks which only Simpson uses. They look like but are not reversed banana jacks. The idea was to make you buy genuine Simpson test leads but I do know another company that makes them and their's are a bit better if you ask me.

OK now you have it. Davet is the winner of this. Hmmmm I wonder what I should send his way as a prize. Maybe a picture of a gold star???
    Last edited by Woussko; 09-01-2007, 05:42 PM.

Comment

Crap,

missed posting another "dumb" guess, should have read above posts more

Comment

Best guess is it's a Simpson 260. I have one in the garage right now.

Senior Chief

Comment

we had one of those simpsons in our shop it was a series 3 though it quit a few years ago and was replaced with a fluke 87 dmm. I threw the simpson out a few years ago when cleaning.

Comment

Working...
          X