Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you ID this schematic?

Can anyone tell me what this schematic is for? brand, model and type

Note: I know the correct info for this, but am wondering if anyone else can tell what this is for. Later on, I'll post the info if anyone comes close to being correct.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Woussko; 08-23-2007, 06:32 PM. Reason: Image Quality

Re: Can you ID this schematic?

Kind of hard to read when i enlarge it, but I would say that it appears to be a power (usage) meter of sorts.

I would think it to be an old portable type for field use.

As far as Manufacturer and Model, I have not a clue.

Regards,
    Last edited by biscuit; 08-23-2007, 07:30 AM.

Comment

I say a multimeter. ac volts, dc volts, ohms, and current.
      The switch is a multi-layered position selector. you have at the bottom the input jacks for ac, dc, common, high current 10 amp etc. likely banana type jacks.

the box showing selector switch positions is what tells you this.

As far as brand you do not have enough information.
      it could be an older simpson style maybe a Simpson-260 or even a newer analog fluke..The schematic is a very poor copy and may not be old, just a poor photocopy

Cactus Man
      Last edited by cactusman; 08-23-2007, 10:25 AM.

Comment

I took another look and agree with cactus man.

I am stupid!

Comment

Update as of 8/23/2007 - evening

I took a good look at the picture and it is kind of poor. If anyone wants a better quality image and doesn't mind, let me know your e-mail address and I'll send it as a .JPG file to you. I think someone will be able to guess what it is before long. The answer will be posted sometime before too long, so check back from time to time.

Biscuit: You are NOT stupid.

Update 2 - 08/23/2007

I just worked some on the picture and think it's a little better now. The origional was pretty poor quality. Here at my end, this new one looks a bit better. You need to go back to post #1 to see the revised image.
          Last edited by Woussko; 08-23-2007, 06:35 PM.

Comment

I agree with cactusman

I took my meter apart to see, and it was almost exact
            sigpic

Robert

Comment

Ooh, ooh, I know; it's a flux capacitor! Am I right or am I right?
              Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

I think you are close Ben, it's the callibration circuit for a flux capacitor.
                "It's a table saw, do you know where your fingers are?" Bob D. 2006

https://www.youtube.com/user/PowerToolInstitute

Comment

get a nice digital meter. analog is old hat.

Last edited by BILLG; 08-23-2007, 11:42 PM.

Comment

I'm glad there's some humor on this forum. Anyway, now I'm going to spill the beans and post some pictures of what the schematic is for. My bet is you can figure from the pictures just what it is all about. How about the brand, model and type? That may take some doing, but I bet someone will come in with exact answers.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Woussko; 08-24-2007, 12:57 AM.

Comment

Looks to me cactusman had it right !

Simpson 260® Series 2...The Second Model.
                      Analog - VOM Volt-Ohm-Milliammeter.
                      made between the 1940's and 1950's.
                      Case Size: 5¼ " x 7 " x 3⅛ " - Weight: 3 Pounds - 1954 Price: $36.00

Meter Info:
                      http://www.simpson260.com/260-2/simpson_260-2.htm

Meter Schematic:
                      http://www.simpson260.com/downloads/..._schematic.pdf

Nice ole meters, they were built real heavy and could take a beating physically
                      and electrically!
                      Last edited by Davet; 08-24-2007, 03:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BILLG View Post
                        get a nice digital meter. analog is old hat.

All depends on what your doing. I still use analog to catch fast or slight currents that are too fast or short for a digital to see.
                        info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

Dan

I'm with you on that. Techs need both types and good ones. There's far too much junk out in the field anymore.

I want to see a new design digital with a row of 50 mini LEDs that would be like a fast response bar graph under the digital readout. Also, it needs to have both low and high power resistance ranges. Try to measure switch contacts with most digitals. I end up grabbing my BrightStar flashlight continuity tester.

Woussko's little buddy that I would be totally lost without. (The BrightStar 2618CT) Don't head out without one of these in your toolbox.
                          http://www.flashlight.com/pdf/2618CT.pdf
                          Last edited by Woussko; 08-24-2007, 06:40 AM.

Comment

These pictures are not of the same item as the "Guess What" schematic is of but rather these are of the origional version of it. All of these pictures are over 50 years old and were taken by a friend of mine that's now in his 80s and they are of his actual item that he still has in good operating condition. The vintage Burgess batteries are the origionals as supplied with this item. I really feel bad that Burgess is long gone. In their day they made great batteries and other related products.

I might add that some of you are pretty close to figuring out what the schematic in post 1 is of. I'm not going to say just what it is for now. I will say that most of you did very well and should feel proud of yourself.

The thumbnail pictures are of a vintage Simpson 260 series 1 VOM. These were made back in the 1930s and 40s. Price in the mid 40s was about $39 and back then that was some good money.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Woussko; 08-24-2007, 05:46 PM.

Comment

reminds me of testing a b battery with my tung under my brothers request.
                              Last edited by BILLG; 08-24-2007, 07:39 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X