Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conduit Fill Table...

Good morning folks,

I have a question about the conduit fill table in the NEC, first let me start with what I am currently pursuing, I am installing a sub-panel in my garage and after using one of those online voltage drop calculators came to the conclusion that it is safe to use #6 wires & a 50/60A CB from the main panel to the garage. My main question is if I am reading the table correctly? According to the table it states that I can run 4 #6 conductors in 3/4" (Flexible Metal Conduit) or 4 #6 in 3/4" LiquidTight flexible conduit...am I reading the chart correctly? I am no electrician, but, have run wiring, fixtures, added and brought up to code a couple of circuits in my house.
    The pic I scanned and posted is from the 1996 NEC, which is the only one that was handy here at my job and I am going on the assumption(not that I normally assume anything) that it hasn't changed. Any info/insight/help will be greatly appreciated.
    BTW I went ahead and ordered the 2008 NEC handbook and will continue with the work after I receive the handbook to remain up to code.
    Attached Files
    How much wood could a woodchuck chuck, if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

Re: Conduit Fill Table...

Going by the 40% maximum fill calculation, 3/4" conduit would be the bare minimum for running four #6 wires. It would be pretty tight so it wouldn't hurt to go one size up to 1" and make things a little easier.

Comment

Re: Conduit Fill Table...

I was planning on using 1 or 1 1/4" actually, I just wanted to make sure I was reading the table correctly. Thanks for your response
      Last edited by AngryBeaver; 11-30-2007, 02:39 PM.
      How much wood could a woodchuck chuck, if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

Comment

Working...
      X