X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motion detector light switch

Trying to be a little green here. I work at a place that has many meeting rooms and the lights are always left on when meetings are done. I want to recommend motion detector light switchs for these rooms to upper management. What would you recommend for a solution? I would appreciate thoughts on brand/model and approx cost installed per room.

thanks

Re: Motion detector light switch

We use watt stopper, and they work very well.
    They mount in the ceiling and detect heat and movement.

Comment

Thanks for the reply jbfan. Do you know the cost per unit by chance?

Comment

Why not just change the switch out? Depending on the configuration of the room and it's amount of use, a regular wall switch can be replaced with a new motion sensing switch: http://www.smarthome.com/2520W.html That's just one of the ways to do it. Also hardwiring in new motion detectors in the ceiling is another way to go as well, more costly however

Comment

A lot of offices I've seen use plain Leviton motion detector switches and they work great. They are about the cost of an average dimmer switch, not very expensive at all. Just replace the light switch. As long as the switch isn't located very far away or in an obscured location they should do the trick.

Comment

I have thought of that and in fact have them in my own home. The knowck on these type are that if there is not a lot of motion then they will turn the lights off. The better type is the passive IR that relies on body heat to ambient heat differential. More money but may be a better solution.

Comment

Working...
            X