X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electrical Crimp Tools

Does anyone know if there is a common size/range for the current electrical crimp tools on the market (Burndy, Greenlee, etc.)? What's the prevailing tool to use? Also, any info explaining the dies would be helpful. There are a number of styles (U,D,O,W,L, etc.). I'm just trying to understand more about these tools. Thanks.

Re: Electrical Crimp Tools

I can't help you, but would like to see more information on the subject. hope some one can chime in here and educate us.
    Last edited by BHD; 05-16-2008, 10:36 AM.
    Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
    attributed to Samuel Johnson
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Dave

It really depends on what kinds of work you need to do. Crimp connectors come in many types and sizes and the same for the crimping tools. It's one thing if you're doing light work in small appliances and another if you need to crimp lugs on size 00 or larger wire for stationary engine starter-battery work or making up custom welding cables.

The more you can tell about your needs, the better people on this forum can help you. Do look at the online KLEIN TOOLS catalog when you can. That should prove helpful.

http://www.kleintools.com/ToolCatalog/index.html
      Last edited by Woussko; 05-15-2008, 07:15 PM.

Comment

At work 95% of our calibrated crimpers are from T&B. Don't know the model numbers off hand but they are ones that (in the real world) would be used to crimp three different sizes and are the ratcheting type.
        ---------------
        Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
        ---------------
        “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
        ---------
        "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
        ---------
        sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

On medium to large (8 awg to 750 MCM) I normally use a batool from Burndy. The dies are color coded to the lugs, and have the size printed on them. It makes a six sided crimp with 12 tons of force. I guess batool is the name of a older model but most battery powered crimpers get called that.
          For small hand crimps I like Kline.

Comment

I see a lot of Burndy and lately the Burndy pat750 battery tools.

Comment

I would like to know if Ridgid is going to release there own battery or corded Electrical Crimp Tools Like burndy, T&B and greenlee? wouldnt be to far off from the plumbing crimps they have out

Comment

Working...
              X