"Tons-O-crimpers" question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Tons-O-crimpers" question

I came across 3 tool boxes of crimping tools and assorted pins and stuff at a yard sale. Bought all 3 and a Weller soldering iron for 20 bucks in hopes that some might be good to re-sell for some spare bucks.
    I'm not asking for specifics on each tool, just if you think I should spend the time listing them. Kinda took a chance on the stuff.

Thanks,

Mark

Congratulations to Mr. "the sky is falling" Al Gore, nominated the new Village Idiot!

Re: "Tons-O-crimpers" question

Looks like what you have is a wide assortment of various crimpers.

I see a T&B crimper for ring lugs and butt splices, Sta-Kons and such; a hex crimper for coax cable, crimpers for pins used on multi-conductor cables such as instrument cable, crimpers for RJ-11, RJ-45, and a few I can't ID from the photos.

Depending on how much use they have had will determine their value. For instance where I work we have to use a Go/No GO gauge on crimpers each time we use a crimper. For crimpers such as the orange handled T&B WT crimp tool I see in you pic which have 3 size crimp dies, ours are only calibrated for one size and the other two are rendered useless by grinding or filing then wide open.

New these crimpers are not cheap and range from $40 to close to $500, if they are worn beyond use then they have little value. When worn they will not crimp to the proper pressure which can result in the wire pulling out, intermittent connections, etc.

Also looks like you have an assortment of pin insertion/extraction tools in the tray.
    "It's a table saw, do you know where your fingers are?" Bob D. 2006

https://www.youtube.com/user/PowerToolInstitute

Comment

Re: "Tons-O-crimpers" question

Thanks for the imput Bob. I hadn't been to a yard sale in years and decided to stop in and ck it out. Saw all that stuff and "just had to buy it!". LOL They also had three huge outdoor Mercury Vapor lights. I came close to buying those too, but figured I didn't need any more grief from the neighbors!

Mark
      Congratulations to Mr. "the sky is falling" Al Gore, nominated the new Village Idiot!

Comment

Working...
      X