Millivolt Tester

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Millivolt Tester

My millivolt tester got crushed in the van, I was in a hurry and threw a water heater on it.

I have been looking everywhere, unable to find a millivolt tester. I use it to check thermocouples and PG9's, any suggestions?

Anyone here have any ideas? Nothing Fancy, I have 2 multi tester already, I just need a millivolt tester!
    sigpic

Robert

Re: Millivolt Tester

how much are you looking to spend i checked grainger real quick and they have multimeters (I know that isnt what you are looking for) that go down to 1mV for about $45

Comment

Originally posted by wrench spinner View Post
      how much are you looking to spend i checked grainger real quick and they have multimeters (I know that isnt what you are looking for) that go down to 1mV for about $45

45 is great, Grainger was on my mind, it just slipped my mind earlier.

I will check Grainger, thnks!
      sigpic

Robert

Comment

Robert

Can you please post the brand and model of the tester you've been using? I might be able to find a direct replacement for it. A DMM set on a very low Voltage range is going to pickup random electrical noise and give false readings. You need a lower input impedance for thermocouples and mili-Volt control work. This could be had using a resistor but that can become a real PITA for you to deal with all the time. About how many mili Volts do you normally need to measure? I have something in mind but am not sure if it would work. All of my HVAC work so far has used 24 VAC control circuits. If I think a thermocouple is bad it just gets replaced.

Comment

Aaron and I as well as many others here I'm sure use Flukes.

Comment

I use a fluke-115 everything from thermocouples to 230v well pumps it does everything i need watch out though alot of the cheaper multimeters out there only measure down to 50mV... a thermocouple is generally 30mV

this runs about $130 or you can try the one I PM'd you about last night from Grainger

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
              I always knew you were a fluke!
              I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post

Thanks
                sigpic

Robert

Comment

Originally posted by wrench spinner View Post
                  Thanks.I will be getting this one.
                  sigpic

Robert

Comment

Take a good look at the FLUKE model 116 which they designed for the HVAC Tech. It may be more DMM than you need but that's better than getting a lessor model and then wanting what it doesn't give you.

Info: http://us.fluke.com/usen/products/sp...(FlukeProducts)

Comment

I bought a multimeter from Big Lots for 4 bucks. I'm sure its super high quality ;-) I just needed it to measure the resistance on a dvd lazer pot. Definitely a throw away

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post
                        I bought a multimeter from Big Lots for 4 bucks. I'm sure its super high quality ;-) I just needed it to measure the resistance on a dvd lazer pot. Definitely a throw away

LOL

I picked one up yesterday, excellent, and it was only $105.00, multimeter, and I also picked up a $10.00 thermocouple adapter

thank you all who helped.
                        sigpic

Robert

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post
                          I know you're not a professional but diagnostic tools are what I spend the most money on. If you can't trust your tool reading then all your experience is useless. I know it's too late but I use a Fluke 16 as it can also read temperature.
                          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Working...
                          X