Why all the slots?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why all the slots?

For the Sparky's, why all the slotted screw connections? Why not more Phillips heads?

Just makes me wonder when I have to work with one and I'm not that good with a standard screwdriver.

Thanks.

J.C.

Re: Why all the slots?

no reason
    just the original standard [if it ain't broke...]
    Licensed Philadelphia electrician
    Philadelphia emergency lighting certification

Comment

Thanks RW. Finally a response.

Don't believe in "if it ain't broke, don't change it" alot of the time. Always should try to improve.

But maybe I just suck using a Klein slotted also.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
        Thanks RW. Finally a response.

Don't believe in "if it ain't broke, don't change it" alot of the time. Always should try to improve.

But maybe I just suck using a Klein slotted also.

J.C.
        There is probably some fixing. The new outlets also take phillips too, and the Murray panel I got seems to use slotted + some sort of square drive. I think changing the trim screws might look odd though.

Comment

Most panels are slotted or #2 square drive, devices are normally slotted, phillips or #1 square drive.

Comment

" I'm not that good with a standard screwdriver."

It's to keep plumbers from messing with electrical equipment cause they know plumbers aren't good with slotted stuff.
            "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
            John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
              " I'm not that good with a standard screwdriver."

It's to keep plumbers from messing with electrical equipment cause they know plumbers aren't good with slotted stuff.
              I knew someone would get that in. Now what to do about all my electrician buddies I see at the plumbing only supply house.

J.C.

Comment

Working...
              X