Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radial arm saw spins slow, hums and trips the breaker

Hello,

I have an old craftsman 10" radial arm saw. made by rigid It has a black capacitor. The cap along with a relay are in a plastic box on top of the motor. I cleaned the relay. Still spins slow and trips the breaker. I ordered a new cap from Sears. It arrived but there's a problem.. It's twice the size and three times the MFD... Hooked it up, same problem. the motor just spins really slow and hums. I've cleaned it ... What next... Help please.

Re: Radial arm saw spins slow, hums and trips the breaker

bearings,

loose wire some place,

or shorted/open or windings, would be my guess,
    Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
    attributed to Samuel Johnson
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

? Where is the start-run windings switch found?

Comment

Another question.. I took the motor apart, the Run/Start winding relay is up near the cap. I clean the contacts and try.. No go still spins slow. I turn the saw on and manually close the relay with a screw driver. This is a weird relay. It has a small coil the is fed by the motor.

The question. Where can I get one of these. Sears has discontinued them.

Model 113-29450

The part number is Sears part number is 63355

Any suggestions?

Comment

E bay or craigs list, and there are a few other Ebay type of auction places,

you could try this number on this url,
          http://www.ksl.com/?nid=218&ad=3169818&cat=226&lpid=58
          Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
          attributed to Samuel Johnson
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

sounds like a bad motor, have you tried any other appliances on that same outlet??

Comment

Working...
            X