X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot New Electrical Tool !!! Tracer Tool

The Tool Is used to accurately trace metal old work boxes on walls.The tool has integrated vertical and horizontal spirit levels for leveling plus a centerpoint for exact heights.It will be available very soon. Check it out. Let me know what you think...
    Last edited by ToUtahNow; 04-15-2009, 01:41 AM.

Re: Hot New Electrical Tool !!! Tracer Tool

Originally posted by jonnyguz View Post
    The Tool Is used to accurately trace metal old work boxes on walls.The tool has integrated vertical and horizontal spirit levels for leveling plus a centerpoint for exact heights.It will be available very soon. Check it out. Let me know what you think...
    I don't understand what it does that a metal box and my pencil and a torpedo level haven't done for the last 15 years for me?

I still have to use a pencil to trace this thing right? So basically all it does is just eliminate me taking my level out of my pouch?

Nice, but not worth my $20. I can continue doing the same thing for free for the next 15 years.

Jeff
    Last edited by ToUtahNow; 04-15-2009, 01:42 AM.

Comment

The Carlon low voltage old work plate holders (not boxes, but just something that holds a plate to the wall, I don't know the real name for it); are pretty neat because they have some holes in the corner that you can just make a mark with, so you don't need to trace the whole box.

Comment

I bought the tracer tool from the website and the tool works great. It's simple to use and saves time and labor. I've been doing electrical work for 15 years and have been using the level on the box to level it. I really like the center point on the tool as it exactly centers the new box to the existing. It's one of those inventions that you wish you thought of. The tool was money extremely well spent, I will make up the cost of the tool in labor saved. The tool was very well thought out to an electricians needs.

Comment

Spam!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Newman View Post
            Spam!!!
            No kidding!!! If he thinks anyone is going to believe that last post about how great the tool is, he is quite uneducated. I showed this tool to quite a few fellow electricians and they all seemed to think it was quite a pointless waste of money. I feel for whoever wasted the money designing and making these things thinking they were onto something.

Jeff

Comment

Working...
            X